Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, is goat milk better or worse then Cow Milk?

my 3 kids and myself really enjoy the goat milk, for my DH it is too creamy and we still drink cow milk....I guess it is up to individual taste. I know after having our own goat milk and chevre we wont eat store bought!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
my 3 kids and myself really enjoy the goat milk, for my DH it is too creamy and we still drink cow milk....I guess it is up to individual taste. I know after having our own goat milk and chevre we wont eat store bought!
Okay, I was curious what people thought of Goat milk.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
here are a couple pictures of Maggie's 2 doelings- they are 7 weeks now.

Moose
Moose-8-13-2015.jpg

Monkey
Monkey-8-13-2015.jpg Monkey(2)-8-13-2015.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
our 3 little bucklings are coming up on 8 weeks and we have separated them from the rest of the group.....they are not happy!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
question for those who have goats that are at least on their 2nd freshening and being milk....do you have issues with them as far as being milked? We have been milking Maggie- this is her 3rd time kidding but she is very squirrely on the milk stand and it takes 3 of us to milk her.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some goats are total brats about being milked while others are great about it. All the does that I pulled the kids from had no issues. ALL of them stood perfectly still be day 4.

Was Maggie milked consistently before you milked her?

I have done something like this before(see pic). I don't pull the back legs that far and I use a thin dog lead. You put the end with the clip thru the handle and that goes just above the hock on the goat. The other end wraps around the stanchion leg and clips the lead to itself.

This is NOT my photo:
happymilking3.jpg

Latest posts