Reality shows........I'm sick of them for the most part

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
don't have cable, don't have satellite tv, just an old antenna sticking up on the side of the house. my go to is METV, a channel that shows old tv programs. get to watch mr. Dillon, the rifleman and other old westerns. once in a while the pbs stations will come in and I catch the create channel. have to admit that I have never watched keeping up with or any of the housewives. I lead a sheltered life I guess.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love those old westerns! The good guys always win and the bad guys are left bleeding in the dust and consigned to Boot hill. Wish we could get up a posse, round up the bad guys and hang 'em. Oh wait, I forgot! Not only does the government want to take our guns, they don't want the police to shoot those poor misunderstood criminals either! Oh well, I can watch Marshal Dillon shoot it out with the bad guys.

Real Housewives are ridiculous - they never clean a house, do a load of laundry, or wash dishes. That is not being a "real housewife"!

Here is another ridiculous bit of California legislation. If a person is arrested, has no address, or is destitute no bail can be set. Does that mean they stay in jail? Why no! That would be inhumane! They are just let go. Dos anyone else see the problem here? :he:barnie:somad

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is another ridiculous bit of California legislation. If a person is arrested, has no address, or is destitute no bail can be set. Does that mean they stay in jail? Why no! That would be inhumane! They are just let go. Dos anyone else see the problem here? :he:barnie:somad

I read that in a political race, the top 2 candidates with the most votes in the primaries run against each other in November. If the top 2 belong to the same party, then the people who belong to the other political party have no one to vote for. Surely this can't be true?

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, that is true. The law was passed by dems who had a majority. Actually the dems have had a majority for years. If a republican governor gets in based on what the people want him to do he has no chance since the dems will block him at every turn. Witness Trump in Washington. They don't care what benefits the people (who employ them!) it is all about holding power. California Republicans, Conservatives and Independents have been stripped of any voting power. We continue to vote so the dems can't claim a unanimous victory. LOL

Here is another gem - our liberal democrats have decided it is racist (???!!!) to demand identification at the polls to make sure you are who you are saying you are when voting. It is illegal for poll orkers to ask for identification! Instead you just sign in and vote. We have a tremendous number of illegals voting (I worked the polls and believe me the other poll workers and I could tell since they had an address which was supposedly their home written down on a piece of note paper from an agency assisting illegals to remain in the country). They couldn't show us on the map even the area where they supposedly lived, spoke no English and we had to give them a provisional ballot and accept it. This was not one person with the note paper address, there were at least a dozen, and that was just at our precinct table! Multiply that by all the voting precincts in California and figure they were all told who to vote for.

Unfortunately the colleges are not teaching young adults to think for themselves - only to follow the flock! When DD was getting her MA in teaching she was so angry because if she wanted a passing grade she had to shade her paper to be politically correct! DS1 finds it amusing and often is politically incorrect on purpose to inflame the teacher. He did make a formal complaint to the department and the dean one semester because the teacher did not teach the subject, only tried to indoctrinate the students into her political beliefs. I am beginning to think that higher education is not a good idea unless you plan to be a doctor or a vet. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our son in law is a teacher. It was hard for him to get through school, the professors were a witches coven of "their way is the only way" of political beliefs. To disagree was to fail.

That is voter fraud at it's worst. Power mad politicians just want to stay high on their power and damnation to what it does to the country.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cancelled my satellite when they gave Honey Whiner her own show. I now watch videos alot or movies. I do have apps like History Channel, DIY, Travel Channel, where I keep up with shows I like. I quit watching Alaska Fake People after they moved to "Browntown", and put up thiet first outhouse. They dug it in the front yard a foot deep. Ummm, yeah. That wouldnt last a week.
Instead of hunting, fishing, trapping to store enough food for the winter, they were busy hauling back junk and stupid inventions. And that accent? Thier parents dont talk that way.
All "reality" shows are not reality. I have a friend who was offered a show of her own but turned it down when they told her they'd send her the script. She said nope.
The shows follow the same format. They show someone doing something, then interview them to tell you what you just saw them doing. Huh?
I like Ancient Aliens. And, yeah, whats up with Georges hair?
I mostly watch Hulu, Netflix, or Prime Video. Rehab Addict, Building Alaska, Snapped, Strange Evidence, anything paranormal. Moumtain Monsters is a joke. So wasnt Finding Bigfoot. Should of called it Never Finding Bigfoot.

Stepping off soapbox now.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I am not watching Flip or Flop or Property Brothers I will go to This is Us, New Amsterdam, Chicago Fire, Med, or PD or Law and Order.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I read that in a political race, the top 2 candidates with the most votes in the primaries run against each other in November. If the top 2 belong to the same party, then the people who belong to the other political party have no one to vote for. Surely this can't be true?

This can have some interesting consequences. Let's say that there are 2 Republicans in the primary and 4 Democrats all going for the same seat. You can end up with two Rep in the General because the Dems had to split their votes 4 ways and the Reps only had to split their votes 2 ways. The two party system just needs to go away so people can vote their conscious and not their party.

We supposedly voted this system into law in 2010...I sure don't remember voting for it.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
For the past 2 decades that "reality" shows have been a thing I have avidly hated them. They are nothing more than a different version of a soap opera which is made up drama. I hate drama therefore a hate reality shows (and soap operas.)

As for TV...... That's still a thing? A few years back we made the decision to go TV less. There really wasn't anything good on anyway. Anything they put on TV always ended up with some raunchy sex scene somewhere in the season (sex sells). I got tired of it. If I want to watch something I'll go to a Redbox for movies. If there is something that comes on as a TV show (which in 5 years there hasn't been) then I'll get online and watch it. IMHO, TV just isn't worth it. Get a book, scare your children/grandchildren, watch the stars, heck watching the clothes dry is probably more wholesome than TV.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
watch the stars,
The Orionid meteor shower peaks tonight--about 10pm to dawn. (clear skies required)

(There is now only 1 Red Box left in my nearest town. I look for it too, to go the way of the dodo bird before much longer)

Latest posts