Really?

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
I need to vent. I like to look at CL and Ebay, just to see all the different dogs and animals. this is a good dog, doesn't bite, is potty trained, fixed, loves people, but we have to find them a home because we are having a kid. :somad Really? Dogs are great for a kid to grow up with. You aren't even going to try? :he How would they like to be replaced? What is wrong with people? Do they not know because of them giving up on them, more than likely it will end up in the pound and be put to sleep? :barnie The other thing that just makes me boil, is when people look at their dogs/cats as money. Oh lets make a young dog, more then likely a pup itself, have litter after litter. Do you know where your poor pups will end up? They will be bounced around, and eventually end up in the pound. Sorry, one more. To the people that give up their dog because it's old. Way to go. You gave a dog a good home for 9 years, and now that he is old, you want a puppy. Well he ends up in the pound, and his last memories are of a concrete floor, a lot of noise, and then a cold table and a needle. More than likely you won't even think about that because all you want is a puppy. Oh how people make me so sick. Sorry for the rant, I just get so upset.
I understand how you feel and I wrote a article about that!
Thank you for understanding. That's great that you wrote an article!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
Your welcome! I strive to use my skills that God gave me (Writing is kinda one of them) to do or help others!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
Your welcome! I strive to use my skills that God gave me (Writing is kinda one of them) to do or help others!
That's a great way to look at it! What a great skill to have.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here is another one. Get your fricken dog fixed before you find it a home. :somad
FREE TO GREAT HOME WITH TRAINING AND LOVE
ALL SHOTS SINCE YOUNG LICENSED IN DALLAS
GREAT DISPOSITION, GOOD WITH HUMANS, SOME DOGS BUT NOT NEUTERED YET
ALMOST 2 YEARS OLD ON VALENTINES DAY
FINANCIAL CAUSES US BURDENS FOR RAISING ANOTHER DOG
DOG POUND IN SALEM WAS IN LOVE WITH HIM UNTIL THEY SHOWED HIM A FEMALE DOG!!!!
GET A GRIP HE HAS NOT MATED YET HELLO!!!!
503 606 2749
CALL US AND SEE PICTURE AROUND 90-95 POUNDS NOW

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my first post. My first cat as an adult and on my own came from a woman who offered her on craigslist for free.

KittyVest011.jpg

Napping with my friend Kyle
LickyTonks003.jpg

This was her first day home!
NewKitter039.jpg

'Helping' us play a boardgame
NewKitter058.jpg

This is my darling Tonks (after the Harry Potter character, because of her outgoing personality! Her old name was "Kitty"). I've had her for nearly two years now! And my GOD she is the most perfect cat in the wooooorld! She is some type of meezer mutt, which means she is vocal, hyper affectionate, and always glued to a human. Her former human was moving into an apartment that didn't allow cats. I could have gotten a disaster cat, but I was lucky enough to get a perfectly behaved (excellent claw manners, never uses them even when she smacks a dog being too nosey), spayed, awesome girl. She wasn't up to date on her vaccinations, but I took care of that promptly and got her microchipped, too. I'd have to be dead before I gave up Tonks because I love her so much. She even turned my cat hating father into mush when he met her (his excuse, "she acts so much like a dog!") and when he visits I can often hear him 'chatting' with her (meowing back when she meows at him) and snuggles her often. I've had SO many people tell me to suspect them of kitten-napping if she ever goes missing 'cause they love her. Heck, my old housemate demands I bring her along whenever I come visit him (which is no problem since she is a great car kitty).

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Tonk looks very much like she has some flame or rose point siamese blood in her, and the being very vocal also points in that direction. I used to raise siamese and I love em. She is absolutely gorgeous!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
I forgot to mention in my first post. My first cat as an adult and on my own came from a woman who offered her on craigslist for free.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/KittyVest011.jpg

Napping with my friend Kyle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/Licky Tonks/LickyTonks003.jpg

This was her first day home!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/New Kitter/NewKitter039.jpg

'Helping' us play a boardgame
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lunar_raveness/New Kitter/NewKitter058.jpg

This is my darling Tonks (after the Harry Potter character, because of her outgoing personality! Her old name was "Kitty"). I've had her for nearly two years now! And my GOD she is the most perfect cat in the wooooorld! She is some type of meezer mutt, which means she is vocal, hyper affectionate, and always glued to a human. Her former human was moving into an apartment that didn't allow cats. I could have gotten a disaster cat, but I was lucky enough to get a perfectly behaved (excellent claw manners, never uses them even when she smacks a dog being too nosey), spayed, awesome girl. She wasn't up to date on her vaccinations, but I took care of that promptly and got her microchipped, too. I'd have to be dead before I gave up Tonks because I love her so much. She even turned my cat hating father into mush when he met her (his excuse, "she acts so much like a dog!") and when he visits I can often hear him 'chatting' with her (meowing back when she meows at him) and snuggles her often. I've had SO many people tell me to suspect them of kitten-napping if she ever goes missing 'cause they love her. Heck, my old housemate demands I bring her along whenever I come visit him (which is no problem since she is a great car kitty).
Thank you for posting the pictures, and the great story too. It's awesome to hear that people can get animals off CL and have a happy ending. Just as you are happy to have her, I am sure she is happy to have you. :D

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this one. Maybe they shouldn't have adopted it, they new it was going to need special care, so if you know you can't afford it, why take it? I also, know that there are a lot of scams out there too. I know that there are times that you need help with taking care of an animal, but when it's not your yet, wouldn't you want to make sure you can afford it?
My friend got a blind puppie and he needs surgery so he won't be in pain anymore bc of the condition that he has. She doesn't really have the money to do it so if anyone could donate to her fund please it would be so amazing. So far they have raised 60 dollars, they need 400+ for the surgery.

Here is where you can donate

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have a 3 year old beautiful Blue masked fawn Cane Corso Mastiff named Romeo. He is updated on his shots, graduated up to the intermediate level through pet smart obedience school ( and is allowed to go back free of charge with his new owners). He is well tempered, good natured, great with children, and very loving. We have all of his registration papers, petsmart training papers, micro-chip registration papers, etc... He however is not nuetered and we recommend getting that done. My only recquirement is that we are allowed to approve his new home. We love him dearly, but when we purchased our new home.. It is a smaller home with a huge yard.. Although he loves the yard, our home is not big enough to house him with the addition of my elderly mother, and 2 young kids. Serious incquiries only please. Thank you... Contact Shauna @ (360)213-3378.
:somad Another dog NOT neutered!

Latest posts