red chewed up teet

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
doe had a litter past night. my daughter noticed she had one real red swollen teet. is this something that will fix itself or do i do something? she is very aggressive and hard to deal with

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
doe had a litter past night. my daughter noticed she had one real red swollen teet. is this something that will fix itself or do i do something? she is very aggressive and hard to deal with

How many kits did she have ? If more than eight or nine I would move a few in to be fostered with another doe

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
no she's not an nz. she a smaller fluffy bunny. the guy who sold her to me said she was mini rex but im not convinced he knows mich more than me.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've had a few kits born with red, puff-looking feet and it always goes away in a few days. Keep an eye on it though.
She might have chewed the kit's foot a little.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
no she's not an nz. she a smaller fluffy bunny. the guy who sold her to me said she was mini rex but im not convinced he knows mich more than me.

Lol, sure....now I remember the story of that breeder....you can put smaller kits with a larger breed rabbit to foster them if she isn't feeding them, even if just for a few days to give that teat a break. But you have to look at which rabbits are your " most profitable or best breeders that you want to keep in the best condition.....meaning, I wouldn't hesitate to move and foster my meat rabbits around to other doe's if needed., but if I had bought a rabbit that I thought was a breed that I wasn't interested in keeping or breeding, I may just let mother nature take care of the problem for me.....

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
thanks. so even the older kits being a little bigger will not be a problem putting 4 smaller ones in? i guess like you said, ill check the bellies

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks. so even the older kits being a little bigger will not be a problem putting 4 smaller ones in? i guess like you said, ill check the bellies

Honestly, I have never had a problem with my NZ fostering ANY rabbit :thumbsup....don't think I would try to foster a Flemish Giant with a small dwarf breed ,lol...have a happy 4th of July Gary :bunny

Last edited: