Red's Kidding Thread - Penelope

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been MIA, with work and home I'm lucky to jump on here once a month now :barnie I'm playing some major catch up right now with everyone's posts!

Red (my kids named her lol) was bred to my buck on Feb 20th, making her due date July 20th. The count down is on :pop. She's been filling out, recently it's becoming noticeable.

Attachments

• 20170503_204804_resized.jpg
    20170503_204804_resized.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 20170503_204903-1_resized.jpg
    20170503_204903-1_resized.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 274

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope she kids well for you! What breed is she?

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Love the name and can't wait! How are your others doing?
Thank You. They are all great! Moonpie's doeling we kept is getting so big! Probably 50+ lbs now. :barnie But still oh so loving :love So much like a bottle baby, you'd never think she was dam raised!!

@TAH She is Boer, I bred her with my Boer buck so I'm hoping for some very pretty DOELINGS! :lol::fl

Sally Sunshine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would love to follow too! I screwed up and had the girls with the buck for some time because I didnt think he was doing his job! doh! So mine are getting large quickly now, terrible not to know when it will happen or about when for their ff! are we able to copy paste images from other places on inet to here?

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would love to follow too! I screwed up and had the girls with the buck for some time because I didnt think he was doing his job! doh! So mine are getting large quickly now, terrible not to know when it will happen or about when for their ff! are we able to copy paste images from other places on inet to here?

I'm not sure about copy and paste (took me awhile to figure out how to post a pic in lol)

And I was clueless with my ff too. Had left her and my buck living together thinking it just wasn't happening. Then one day she just got bigger, and bigger...I've since survived her and my first kidding. :th

It's enough to make you crazy! You're in the right place for all the help! I'm not sure I nor my precious Moonpie would have made it through with our lives or sanity had it not been for all the help here!

I'd love to see some pics of yours!

Sally Sunshine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am sorta freaking, Pheebe (all our ND have P names) anyways she has a bit of green white stuff at her privates! Ligaments are still there, no other signs of anything.
Will get pics when I go back out then. MUST get kidding info together and my basket for kidding! Will check back in then!

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am sorta freaking, Pheebe (all our ND have P names) anyways she has a bit of green white stuff at her privates! Ligaments are still there, no other signs of anything.
Will get pics when I go back out then. MUST get kidding info together and my basket for kidding! Will check back in then!

Gloves, towels, lube, warm bucket of water, iodine, nipples, sprite bottle, colostrum (just in case), probiotics, nasal aspirator, and molasses (for mom). @Goat Whisperer what else am I missing???

That's what I had ready, and all I needed was the iodine and towels (thank goodness!!!) But it's better to be prepared :)

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Flashlight
Little cup to put the iodine in to dip the navel
And keep your fingernails clipped really short

Latest posts