Ref - Dr. Kennedy (Pipestone Vet)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know how many on the forum know of Dr. Kennedy of Pipestone Vet but he also worked the Ask a Vet portal for Pipestone. He was probably the most used mentor for no telling how many sheep producers that he never knew. I had several questions answered through him and it was always within minutes of sending so I'm not sure how much time he had for life outside of that.

The message posted by Premier1 on Facebook about his status:

"Please be informed that I am subject to home hospice care. My kidneys have quit and I have been given weeks to live. Keep your questions coming. One of the hardest things is the fact that I’m no longer in the sheep business and the flock is for sale.
- Doc Kennedy

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
I obviously have no knowledge of Dr Kennedy and his services, but he sounds like The Best. Giving advice when it is most needed is a great thing......instead of the "Well, if only I had known, I would have helped out".

Keep sending him your questions.....clearly his timely advice was and is invaluable.

Having nearly dispensed with my sheep I have an idea how it feels to think of them going to someone else. Advising on and helping with other folks' sheep will be comforting for him (not to mention very helpful to the flock owners).

Shellymay

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
@Mike CHS,

Just wanted to join BYH (again) to say thank you for posting this, Doc Kennedy is a world of information for folks like us and he will be sadly missed by thousands of folks, I have met him in person at the North American Katahdin shows and he goes out of his way to talk to anyone who has questions for him, he is down to earth person who is just like you and me right down to the sheep poo on his cloths, prayers for him and his family......

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Shellymay

Shellymay

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule @Latestarter , Truth is I won't be staying, but a quick update is we are still running a big flock of Katahdins and are breeding 185 head currently, in addition to that we are wintering 90 head of ewe lambs, still working full time jobs and lovin life with our sheep.....If it hadn't of been for Mike posting about Kennedy I never would of rejoined, but his post was worth it even if my time here is short lived ;)

@Baymule congrads on the new horse, :) @Latestarter hope you and your son get your housing done for the doe's and hope your kidding season goes well, @Mike CHS nice looking Katahdins and hope you and Bay have a great lambing season....

Mikenze Poling

Just born
Reaction score
I don't know how many on the forum know of Dr. Kennedy of Pipestone Vet but he also worked the Ask a Vet portal for Pipestone. He was probably the most used mentor for no telling how many sheep producers that he never knew. I had several questions answered through him and it was always within minutes of sending so I'm not sure how much time he had for life outside of that.

The message posted by Premier1 on Facebook about his status:

"Please be informed that I am subject to home hospice care. My kidneys have quit and I have been given weeks to live. Keep your questions coming. One of the hardest things is the fact that I’m no longer in the sheep business and the flock is for sale.
- Doc Kennedy
Hi there-- how would one beat reach out to Dr. Kennedy at this time? Would love to be able to speak with him just a little more as he is able...

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The clinic answers questions daily via telephone and Dr Kennedy answers questions 24/7, gkennedy@pipevet.com. He is also on Facebook, Pipestone Vet Sheep-Goats. The Facebook site is where he posts the most relevant sheep and goat questions and answers. It is not interactive, that would be the E-Mail site.

Questions need to be directed to gkennedy@pipevet.com

Latest posts