Refusing bottle today, 3wks old

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bo is refusing his bottle today. Last night he only took about half. He will take a sip or two then run off. He's still alert, active, playing with the dogs and doing lamb parcour all over the house. He has feed and hay and water but we haven't noticed him eating any. Diaper was soaked this morning like usual. No scours. Not sure what to think?

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just went back to check and he's three weeks old. Don't know if age means anything. Until last night he was sucking down 2 cups at a time at least 4 times a day. Still no interest in food.

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He just got up from his nap, slight scours. He was outside with me late last week (I wasn't even thinking) and he was nibbling on grass. We had another lamb with barber pole so I went ahead and dosed him. Im off the next four days so I'll run him to the vet. I swear I'm setting my land on fire. :mad:

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And now his appetite is back. I gave him a dose of Cydectin earlier. Don't know if that helped already or he's finally just hungry.

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
Constipation, bloat, or infection are most likely. Since it seems to have resolved, he was probably just a little bloated or stopped up and it cleared on its own, or we can hope so! I personally wouldn't worm a lamb that young, but barber poles are horrible.

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh the fight with barber pole was horrible! There were a couple times I almost took Rambo in to be put down because I really thought he was nearly dead. So glad hubby talked me into fighting with him until he recovered. Im terrified of it now. A friend lost nearly have her goats from it.

Latest posts