Registered Guinea Hogs and others for sale/trade NE Alabama

rwbw00

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have an unrelated pair of Guinea Hogs for sale. They are approximately 2 years old. They are registered through AGHA. I paid 550.00 for the pair. Also included is a 4 month old female from their last litter. I have not registered her yet. They have been pasture raised on 10 wooded acres (eating mostly acorns). I have supplemented them with non GMO feed as well. They are $300.00 for all 3. I also have two one year old female hogs one is 1/2 Tamworth and 1/2 large black the other is 1/2 Tamworth and 1/2 old spot. These girls can go for $75.00 each. I just need to get rid of them. They were raised with the guinea hogs on the same food. Finally, I have 4 babies from the part large black female and the guinea hog male (1/4 large black, 1/4 Tamworth, 1/2 guinea hog). I will let them go for free. I was working to have a medium size homestead hog but developed the tick born allergy to pork and other mammals so they are of no use to me anymore (except killing snakes). I will also consider trading any of the above for various poultry. I'm most interested in Muscovies, dual purpose chickens, geese (not Chinese), or turkeys.

Last edited:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a suggestion... you aught to put your location in the title so others would know where you are. That would be very helpful.

rwbw00

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I have added the info. All prices are negotiable! I really need the pigs gone so I can utilize the space for other purposes. I really want some more muscovies or the money to buy some.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Man I wish I was closer and had my fencing done. I'm specifically looking for/to make my own tamworth/old spot cross hogs. Sorry you've developed an allergy to pork, but from your recollection, what was the quality/taste of that particular cross?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I want some guinea hogs but I am absolutely nowhere near you! Bummer.

Side note, that tick disease is awful. My husband is scared of it. He LOVES pork!

rwbw00

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Unfortunately I never got to eat any. My herd just got old enough to have babies. Stupid allergy got me before I could slaughter any.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That so sucks... sorry... pork is one of my favorite meats. Good luck selling them all.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh my, bless your heart. my daughter developed alpha gal from tick bites too. she made several trips to the er in anaphylactic shock before they finally figured out what her problem was. for years the meat she ate consisted of fish or fowl because of it. she is the reason I started raising Muscovy ducks since their meat is a lot like veal. she use to say, mom if I could have a steak. the good? news is that after about 5 years she was able to slowly reintroduce mammalian meat to her diet and now is able to eat anything she wants. please be careful to keep away from the ticks. they were really bad on my farm until I started letting my chickens and ducks free range. now I very seldom find one on me. the goats that go into the woods have a problem but in the barnyard and my yard all is good. take care of yourself.

rwbw00

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Guinea fowl took care of our ticks. Unfortunately a little too late though. I'm in year two as far as I can tell. Was just diagnosed a year ago. I hope it clears but it seems to only be getting worse. I had to cut out most milk products recently.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
yup, for the first couple of years she had to cut out most dairy products as well as meat. no milk, cheese, ice crean or yogurt. it was really hard on her as well as her dh. he wanted beef so she had to fix basically 2 meals. I sure hope you slowly but surely get better.