1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. BYH Featured Thread: I'm woolin' it!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Registered Guinea Hogs and others for sale/trade NE Alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by rwbw00, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Feb 23, 2017
    rwbw00

rwbw00 Exploring the pasture

Everything has been reduced. I really would like it for these pigs to go to someone who will really utilize them, especially the guinea hogs. I have been a long time lurker on this board but haven't posted much. I would have guessed someone here could probably use them well.

2. Feb 26, 2017
    rwbw00

Anybody want to make an offer on any of these? All offers will be considered.

3. Feb 26, 2017
    norseofcourse

norseofcourse Herd Master

Wow, I'd never heard about that allergy, sure sorry you have it. I've considered raising a couple of feeder pigs, but I'm way up in Ohio and not set up for them yet anyway. Good luck, hope someone gets them soon.

4. Mar 18, 2017
    rwbw00

They are still available. I really need them gone so I can utilize the space they are in. Anybody willing to pay 200.00 for a registered breeding pair of American Guinea Hogs?

5. Mar 18, 2017
    mysunwolf

mysunwolf True BYH Addict

If you're on Facebook at all, there is a great Guinea Hog group with members who might be interested in your pigs. Good luck!

Pastor Dave likes this.
  6. Mar 18, 2017
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

Sorry you're having a difficult time with selling/placing these hogs. It is mainly location like norseofcourse said. Not sure if there are many on here from Alabama, but surely some.
    I have had a lot of respiratory issues this Fall/Winter, and where I don't think it's my rabbits, I do have a lot of dust out there and use a dust mask now most of the time I feed or cleaning chores. Maybe with the right meds and masks or preventative measures, you can still raise 'em...
    Welcome to BYH, by the way!

7. Mar 18, 2017
    rwbw00

Thanks for the info!

8. Mar 27, 2017
    rwbw00

They are still available.

9. Mar 27, 2017
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

I have to go to Las Vegas to visit with my son and family later this week. I will return from that trip and have to head up to Arkansas to pick up some goats and a pig that will be going straight to butcher. When I return, if they still haven't found a new home, (smacking head) We'll chat and see if there's a possibility for me to come purchase them from you. No promises! If you would, could you PM me your rough location so I can figure out rough drive times and routes? Thanks.

10. Mar 28, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

@Latestarter - I just want to endorse the AGH breed. We put one in the freezer last week and the package of porkchops we sampled were delicious!