Reina, Baymule’s Horse

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She lets me walk up to her now. I bought her horse treats this morning at TSC. She came to me when I called, not knowing about the treats. I gave her 2. Later I went out, called her, she came to me even holding a lead rope. I clipped it on the halter and took her in the yard to graze. Just a little at a time.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
The people on the Facebook page probably had to catch her a time or two without the ability to be patient and slowly habituate her like you are doing. By the nature of things, she has had to be moved around a lot lately, which means catching her up whether she likes it or not. So nice for her to be home for good now!

She has a kind eye
I thought so too. I like her alert and inquisitive expression.

Oh @Baymule ! What a fun adventure ahead of you. I agree with the others, I’m glad you have a horse in your life again!

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She's absolutely beautiful, she'll be real purdy once she puts weight back on again! So happy for you, Ive always been a horse person (not just a girl that squeals when she sees a horse... a REAL horse person) So i understand this is an amazing addition to your beautiful farm, hope she warms up to you, it sounds like she likes you already which is really good!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
3 guys are here to finish sawing up that enormous oak tree in the front pasture. I went to get Reina, openly carrying a halter and lead rope. Ummmm….., nope! She walked away, I backed up. I held out a treat. Walk towards her, she walk away a few steps, while I backed up. Forward, back, forward, back, until she stood and got her treat. I put the lead rope around her neck and slipped the new halter on. It fit perfect.

Grass! While she grazed, I unraveled the mane ropes.

0167FD9D-1C5C-479C-816E-B23C543E3C95.jpeg

One of the guys started clearing the fence row, I’ve given them the pines. The wire isn’t worth saving, it’s real old.

19878E6A-A077-4662-B724-01619C02EDAD.jpeg

The posts are old and rotten. They mostly broke off at the ground.

370C79F0-A8F0-462D-B5E1-673EDAF425E1.jpeg

I was grazing Reina close to all the chainsaw noise, then I moved her real close. She did ok with the noise. She got concerned a few times, but did good.

46ED0142-B658-48AC-9C37-1F23FC0B0829.jpeg

I worked on her mane, untwisting the ropes and got one mat out. She still had a couple of big ones.

56B18CA8-F675-4870-BDEB-BC42065F46F9.jpeg

CCA5CEB2-76F7-455A-BBAD-8E2024874F9A.jpeg

Walked her back to her pen, took the halter off and gave her a treat.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
3 guys are here to finish sawing up that enormous oak tree in the front pasture. I went to get Reina, openly carrying a halter and lead rope. Ummmm….., nope! She walked away, I backed up. I held out a treat. Walk towards her, she walk away a few steps, while I backed up. Forward, back, forward, back, until she stood and got her treat. I put the lead rope around her neck and slipped the new halter on. It fit perfect.

Grass! While she grazed, I unraveled the mane ropes.

View attachment 94953

One of the guys started clearing the fence row, I’ve given them the pines. The wire isn’t worth saving, it’s real old.

View attachment 94954

The posts are old and rotten. They mostly broke off at the ground.

View attachment 94955

I was grazing Reina close to all the chainsaw noise, then I moved her real close. She did ok with the noise. She got concerned a few times, but did good.

View attachment 94956

I worked on her mane, untwisting the ropes and got one mat out. She still had a couple of big ones.

View attachment 94957

View attachment 94958

Walked her back to her pen, took the halter off and gave her a treat.
a mat splitter for dogs sometimes works well to get those more stubborn mats out of manes.