Reservation contract suggestions

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Because of the number of kids I will be having this year and the fact that I am paying someone to raise them I have decided to offer kids for sale as bottle babies before they are born. I would like to get non-refundable deposits unless the kid that they are wanting is not born. Does anyone have any examples of contracts that they have used or signed? Thanks.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't have an example, but what you're proposing reminds me much of some dog breeders that take deposits before a litter is born. Of course, same as you, they can't guarantee anything in the way of what someone wants. You might want to check some dog breeders websites for something similar to what you're looking for and just change it up a little.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will only be taking deposit on registered kids and I am selling them at three days. I will sell them unregistered if that is what the buyer wants. I have a buyer for all the buck kids that I can't get rid of elsewhere so that isn't really a problem, but watch me have a doe year. Someone said that people don't put down deposits on unborn goats but I am sure that I have heard of this. Am I crazy?

I did think about puppies, I know that I have heard of contracts on those before they are born.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've seen it here local with people taking deposits on unborn kids, so I don't think you're crazy. I haven't done it or seen what they draw up for a contract though. I just thought of puppies because that is pretty common with them, with a clause to refund deposit if they don't end up with what you want - i.e. litter didn't have enough females or males and you're further down the list, or something happens to the one you wanted. I personally like to see how they turn out before I put down deposits, but pet quality animals may go well this way.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not keeping the kids long enough to know how they will turn out. Maybe I should just skip the contract and just keep a list. Might be easier, at least for this year.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not keeping the kids long enough to know how they will turn out. Maybe I should just skip the contract and just keep a list. Might be easier, at least for this year.

Some of the dairies here will run an ad on CL... these are for bucklings generally.
They take a list- no selection prior
In their ad they do want to know if a person has had bottle feeding experience and a little info. They select from the list who they feel are best candidates.
They give <24 hours for the person to pick up the goat. They keep moving down the list.
If you get a call you go then and pick up the goat.
I think they ask $25 or so for bucklings. NO PAPERS
Pretty sure they are sold at a week or maybe 3 days? Not sure. this way they have had colostrum and on bottle well.

Does, they generally keep. I imagine you could do something similar with them, asking a bit more. There again, no tattoos, no paperwork. You could do this for the oops I'm not 100% sure on sire,
first freshening does etc

Anything you think is worth registering I'd wait at least 3 weeks, sell with papers.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am paying someone to raise these kids so they get more expensive as each day goes by. I am selling the bucklings for 25.00 on CL or for 10.00 to my buyer that will take all I have. I have one person that wants a registered LM buckling and I have a couple of does that should do really well for them IF they give me bucks. I will sell them at 3 days as well but I'm not sure what to do about tattoos on a 3 day old kid. It just doesn't pay me to keep them any longer.

All of Jumanji's does I am keeping and maybe the minis, not sure about that. I only have 5 minis bred and one standard maybe bred for minis.