Rex breeders going to October Reno show?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Are there any Rex breeders going to the show in Reno NV in October 2019? Not mini, the full size. I just started with Rex this year and I am looking to get another doe and possibly another buck to expand my herd. I have a pedigreed castor doe and REW buck.

Any advice is also welcome, thanks!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take pictures, but I went to the show this morning and had a good time. There were so many rabbits, it was great being able to see the different breeds. I was able to watch some of the Rex judging but I'm bummed that I missed the Castor classes.

I was able to see the angoras too, and I think I like the look of the satin angoras and french angoras better than the others. I like the clean face and ears look.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take pictures, but I went to the show this morning and had a good time. There were so many rabbits, it was great being able to see the different breeds. I was able to watch some of the Rex judging but I'm bummed that I missed the Castor classes.

I was able to see the angoras too, and I think I like the look of the satin angoras and french angoras better than the others. I like the clean face and ears look.
If you're going to get angoras...definitely get the satin or French. I have 1 French buck and the rest are English...the clean faces make everything a million times easier ha ha :)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have always admired the Rex and Angoras, both beautiful breeds. I hope you can find the rabbits you want to expand your herd!
Last weekend I picked up a 4 month old castor buck, same age as my younger Rex. He should be ready to breed in December, I might try him with my castor Rex doe. My younger Rex I really should wait until February to breed, then he will be a happy boy with three ladies.