Rex breeders going to October Reno show?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take pictures, but I went to the show this morning and had a good time. There were so many rabbits, it was great being able to see the different breeds. I was able to watch some of the Rex judging but I'm bummed that I missed the Castor classes.

I was able to see the angoras too, and I think I like the look of the satin angoras and french angoras better than the others. I like the clean face and ears look.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I didn't take pictures, but I went to the show this morning and had a good time. There were so many rabbits, it was great being able to see the different breeds. I was able to watch some of the Rex judging but I'm bummed that I missed the Castor classes.

I was able to see the angoras too, and I think I like the look of the satin angoras and french angoras better than the others. I like the clean face and ears look.
If you're going to get angoras...definitely get the satin or French. I have 1 French buck and the rest are English...the clean faces make everything a million times easier ha ha :)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have always admired the Rex and Angoras, both beautiful breeds. I hope you can find the rabbits you want to expand your herd!
Last weekend I picked up a 4 month old castor buck, same age as my younger Rex. He should be ready to breed in December, I might try him with my castor Rex doe. My younger Rex I really should wait until February to breed, then he will be a happy boy with three ladies.