Rhinelander Buck Behavior

BunniesOhMy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My Rhinelander buck that is the only one of my males who tries to breed my females is very agressive twoards my other two males. The other two get along fine but he goes after any rabbit who is not a female. I'd put him on the dinner table but like I said, he seems to be the only one who actively gets on my females. Should I dinner table the two males who seem uninterested in the females? First time rabbit breeder here lol.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My Rhinelander buck that is the only one of my males who tries to breed my females is very agressive twoards my other two males. The other two get along fine but he goes after any rabbit who is not a female. I'd put him on the dinner table but like I said, he seems to be the only one who actively gets on my females. Should I dinner table the two males who seem uninterested in the females? First time rabbit breeder here lol.
How old is everybody? Rabbits often hate each other and try to kill each other. Is it possible the other two “bucks” are just females who are too young to breed yet? Welcome to rabbit breeding by the way!

BunniesOhMy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
The Rhinelander males are 8.5 months old. My oldest female is a year, my other female is 5 months my brother just told me. I thought she was older. Ooops.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bucks need to be kept separate, otherwise they can fight and kill each other, especially if there's females around.

It's good to have a 'go to' buck for when you need the job done. But for genetic diversity, more than one buck is good. If your shy bucks can't figure it out, put the doe with them first and give them a chance. If they can't figure it out, put the doe with the aggressive buck where the shy buck can watch. Then, if you really want the doe bred by the shy buck, take her out before the aggressive buck gets the job done and then see if the shy buck is energized.

Sometimes I'll take the buck out of his space, put the doe in there and then in about an hour, put the buck back in. That sometimes gets him a bit more aggressive.