Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are ways to adjust the direction of the beam of headlights. I had mine done on the truck one time. Take it to your neighborhood garage and ask them to reset the directional angle of the headlights. If they are set too high, then the low beams will seem like high beams to oncoming traffic.
Yeah @thistlebloom .... all downhill on their way home....:lol::lol::gig:gig:gig

Amazing how the "kids" are such knowledgable adults to the point where they can tell the parents that they know better what the parents should do. I understand that when parents get to the point that their minds are not always cognizant; but really, I somehow don't think that sitting in an apt is conducive to good health or aging "gracefully"...

Tell her to stick a sock in it, you are not senile or stupid, yet; and you will let her know when you reach that point:old

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I have now devoted the past 2 days on the computer about the Yelm property. Ugh! I can't decide if I am more exhausted by the mental effort or by sitting in front of the computer typing for 10 hours yesterday and today! I think I am beginning tosee the end though and can now start on the tax info DH needs.

So far I have washed 3 loads of baby clothes and bedding from the Connexes - yes, I did finally find the little gowns and the new soft blankets clearly labeled in plain sight on a top shelf. I also did one load of our clothes mostly jackets and towels.

That was in between another full day of correcting the wrong information in the Sellers' Disclosures from Remax, filling out the new Listing Agreement, emails to the new agent, emails to the family that will rent the house for 4 weeks, and sending the final attachment to the insurance company. Then I had to draw up a Lese Agreement so I scavenged parts of the Remax one, which had a ton of extraneous stuff in it, and wrote a new one. I had to keep adding stuff that was required, but finally got it done. Then I had to download the additional print work that the State of Washington (and probably every other state that likes to waste paper and time) makes you submit to tenants or buyers of property about Mold and Lead - about 50 pages. Finally got that done and in a document that could be attached to the email to the prospective tenants. Took care of some emergencies on other business too. Oh yes, and made up grocery lists for dh and DS1 who needed them right now!

Dh was unable to get hay again today. Yesterday it was scheduled to come today, today it is scheduled for tomorrow, This is why I don't like to run down to the last few whisps of alfalfa. Then we had heavy rain! And a tremendous wind. DH just came in from feeding and told me that the loud crashing noises we heard during the wind was the old trampoline that we use in the small fold as a shelter. Apparently it was picked up and blown out of the pen!!! DH found it sitting on top of the utility trailer. The rams were probably very surprised. :ep

We have one ewe lamb that was 1 lb. lighter than her twin at birth but just isn't growing. Usually they catch up but she is only half the size of her sister and the other lambs with similar birth dates. She won't be registered and will go to the auction. Never had this happen to this extent before. She grew fine for the first couple weeks then nothing! Healthy and active but just tiny. I wonder if I could sell her on Craigslist as a rare "Dwarf Dorper"?! LOL

My back hurts from sitting at the computer. Got to go check the laundry and put in another load of towels. Luckily I have one full suitcase of clean clothes. I have to put them all away, but at least we got them washed before coming home. Leftover spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

Oh yes. DD2 says they won their case. i am not sure but i think they may have prevailed and gotten custody of Maysie,. And today DD2 had an ultrasound and was told she could deliver in a week. She needs to get some stuff ready for that poor baby. Maybe instead of working on the taxes - SHHH! don't tell DH, I better work on the basinette.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup! Ridgetop business as usual! ;)

Yesterday I finally finished the insurance claim, and the listing stuff. 22 hours at the computer in 2 days!! :caf I could hardly move last night after I fixed dinner I finally went to bed just to lay down BUT 2 loads of baby clothes were waiting for me to fold them so . . . . Finally, after 3 aspirin and laying down DH came in and said "Why did you disappear? DD1 came over to talk to you!" I paid no attention to this blatant attempt to make me fee guilty for deserting them. I had heard DH, DD1, DS1, and DDIL2 all still discussing politics while I was folding baby clothes.

So I have already fielded 5 phone calls this am wanting to list the Canal property. The Remax people dropped it from the MLS listings and everyone wants to grab up a new listing, I am going with a new guy, Jerry. I called 7 agents when I was going to fire Remax. 2 called me back. 1 kept calling. He has the new listing. He is a go-getter and I have great hopes about this. In the meantime, the house has been dropped off the MLS and I have already fielded 5 calls from agents wanting to list it!

DD@ nd Doofus have gotten primary custody of Maysie. Not sure how this works, but apparently they get her 45% of the time and the mom 55% of the time until she moves. Then she will get 3 weeks in the summer and alternating holidays. Doofus still has to pay child support since he is working and she is not. If the mom does not move out of state the judge will decide if she keeps the chid 555 or if he gives more time to dd2 and Doofus. The whole set up is screwey. The judge dismissed the mom's claim that she couldn't get a bookkeeping job here, stating there were plenty of jobs. Then the judge asked the mom if she had looked for a job in the states to which she planned to move. She said she didn't bother because if she didn't move there is wasn't worth it. She did say that her sister worked for a company in Pennsylvania and "might hire me part time occasionally". This did not go over well with the judge who stated that she was not making any attempt to provide a stable home for the child. He then pointed out that Doofus had gotten himself out of debt, rented an apartment, and was supporting the child. And apparently the evaluator was so impressed with DD2 and Doofus that (s)he saw no need to call us. (S)he did call the mom's parents and they informed him/her that their house was on the market and they were definitely moving out of state. The mom said "She has to start taking care of her own problems". Sounds like they are tired of supporting her and paying the attorney bills. She has never worked and apparently attends junior college and continually changes her field of study. The grandparents have been raising the child. Strangely, she is engaged to be married in May. The happy couple was going to move with her parents and live with them. Now it seems that there is some friction going on between the mom and the parents. Now it is unknow what will happen - the baby mom and boyfriend/fiance might move in with the boyfriend's parents and sister instead. ??? He is 19. The mom is 22. He works from home, job unknown. Now our family is speculating as to whether the baby mom might be pregnant again by the new boyfriend. The first pregnancy was blamed on doofus taking advantage of their precious daughter. Now a second pregnancy might have upset her parents. That might be what the friction between the baby mom and her own parents is all about. It might also be why the boyfriend's parents are willing for her and Maysie to move in with them. Or maybe they are not willing. Frankly I no longer care. I have more important things on my plate.

I will be going to the fabric store this morning to get the quilted fabric for the bassinet lining. I have decided not to put a long skirt on it because DD2 has cats so a short skirt or ruffle will be better to avoid cats climbing on the skirt or just clawing the heck out of it. I also need to get some plastic lined fabric to make a mattress cover. DD2 is coming over tomorrow anxious to see it I told her she could not have it until she brought the wooden porta crib mattress and bedding back for DDIL2. She and Doofus are going t Big Bear to see his parents today and will bring the items back. :fl I am serious about not giving the bassinet to her unless I have the porta crib items for DDIL2! I have plenty of cardboard boxes for her baby! :p

DD1 has arranged that we will all get together at noon on Saturday shopping at the Kids Consignment on-line. She said that we can attach the computer to the TV in the family room and be comfortable instead of crouching around the small computer screen.

Next I will make a list of stuff the girls both need, and DD1 and I will take them shopping t get their layette items - diapers, personal items, nursing pads, baby wash, butt wipes, etc. I really am too old for this first time grandma thing! I did all this 13 years ago for DD1 and I am tired now. :old However, I will escape back to Horrible Yelm and no children or grandchildren after the birth!

OH NO! Just got a reminder from my doctor about an appointment this am at 10:30! I thought it was at 4:00! Got to go!!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG! Haven't been on here since Thursday and it is now Wednesday! ONE WEEK WITHOUT BYH?! :caf

Well, the week passed in a haze of exhaustion and non-stop sewing. Had to completely redo the bassinet cover since DD2 apparently DID want lace, ribbons and pink everything for her baby girl THE ONLY BABY EVER BEING BORN APPARENTLY! Have I every mentioned DD2 is very high maintenance?

However, the liner was already made and that is the most difficult part of any bassinet cover. Having made 7 of them over the years, take this as truth. And there are no sewing patterns out there, you just have to wing it yourself. Also this is a large old style bassinet. Not the size of the old models with the folding legs under them allowing it to be used in the old days as a car bed. This bassinet is a huge basket that lifts out of it's wicker frame - it is the size of the current side sleepers which everyone seems to be using. This bassinet has a shelf on the frame which is great for holding baby stuff. It is pretty as is but making the cover is traditional.

About those "side sleepers". Both my girls are getting them. The side sleepers are nothing more than bassinets where the side swings down so instead of getting up to feed the baby sleeping in the bassinet next to the bed, you have to hoick the infant out while laying flat in bed. I myself have never used anything except the bassinet, so I may be wrong, but I can see several drawbacks to the side sleeper. First, if you have to get out of bed for any reason, you will have to scramble over your DH to do it. This is since as a safety feature the side sleeper attaches to the bed with safety straps somehow. Since it is over 3' long, there is no room for you to get out of bed easily once it is attached. Next, if you have had a C-section, the sheer muscle contractions of trying to lift the baby from the sleeper from a supine position looks incredibly painful. I suppose you could just roll the baby over and over until it got to you, but it seems rather hard in the little infant. Even with just an episiotomy your muscles are often sore from the contractions (not to mention your bottom) and struggling with this seems complicated. However, I am old fashioned and see nothing wrong with arising from my bed to lift the screaming infant out of its bassinet to be fed. The side sleepers are advertised as having netting so you can see the baby. In the "olden days" yiu used a bassinet so the baby was safe from drafts. As I said I am old fashioned.

That being said, it is customary in our family to have a bassinet. So I made a cover for DD2. She plans to put it in her living room for the baby since the side sleeper will be in the bedroom. As I said with the safety straps attaching it to the bed it needs to be disconnected to move it around. Anyway, after buying cute fabric instead of frilly pink I was unsettled to find out that DD2 who hates sequins and lace and floral prints wanted all that for her baby girl. :rolleyes::thShe said the fabric I was using was "cute" in the tone of voice that told me it was NOT. DDIL2 told me later that DD2 had told her she wanted frilly feminine stuff for her baby girl and had gotten everything in pink. Poor choice for a first baby since the next ones will probably be boys. I would warn about future gender issues but that would be politically incorrect and somehow racist or something. Besides according to the Woke generation children should be free to choose their gender from day to day. :barnie

Luckily I had pale pink floral fabric, ribbons, and flowers along with 10 yards of wide lace in my sewing cupboard. I went ahead and made the cover, added lace, then laced pale pink ribbons through the wicker hood, and threaded tiny pale pink flowers in the ribbon. Made 2 mattress pads and 3 knit sheets. DD2 loved it.
Here it is IMG_6450.jpgIMG_6451.jpg Those peculiar sticking up things are the sprigs of flowers. They look much better in person since you can recognize them as flowers.

In the meantime, the DD1, DDIL2, DD2, and I attended the Kids consignment sale on line, DDIL2 had paid for a chance to show early. We scored.

DD1 has a budget and got a lot of stuff for both girls as baby gifts. Best buy was large a FP swing in pink that works on a cord as well as batteries, usually $150+ for $30! I got 2 high chairs for the house. One comes apart to become a high chair that can attach to a dining room chair while the bottom becomes a booster for a toddler. The other is a standard folding kind. And yes, I need 2 since DD2 will be over here often while DDIL2 has her baby here as well. Not to mention holiday dinners. Then DD1 got a Pak & Play, otherwise known as one of those folding net sided porta cribs so she can have the babies at her house. Got a second one for DDIL2's mom which had the changing platform and bassinet attachment too - $45! Although her mom said it is not necessary since she is traditional Filipino and doesn't want it. DDIL2 said her mom will make a traditional rope hammock for the infant for her house. DDIL2 will use the Pak N Play when visiting since she doesn't want to have to chase a crawling or toddling baby around her parents' house. It will also be good for when she and DS2 travel. DD1 got bathtubs for the girls like she had that she swore were wonderful. We put 2 of the same one in our cart but someone else stole it from us before we could check out. Someone also stole the travel swing we dgot, but I realized I had one in the stuff I kept from the older grandchildren. We went wild and just kept throwing stuff into the cart. Then before checking out we had to go through and get rid of all the duplicates. Our total went from $2000+ to $996.00! LOL I thought that was pretty good considering all the stuff we got - 6 pages of baby gear. And for about 10% to 30% of what it cost new. All in excellent condition. We pick it up next weekend. DH has been informed he will have to take the truck to get all of it. Babies need a lot of stuff. DH and DS1 kept coming in and teasing us because we were having so much fun.

Finished the bassinet and began the cleaning job of the century - cleaning up the sewing mess Took 2 days.

Yesterday DH took the bassinet to DD2's apartment It wouldn't fit in her car and we wouldn't allow Doofus to transport it in his dirty truck bed. DD2 showed us her new stroller. It was a gift from Doofus' step mom. The side sleeper was a gift from someone else.

Then I saw the nursery. OMG! :barnie:he:th Maysie's toys are everywhere. There is no room for the crib or changing table without completely rearranging the room. I looked in the closet and Maysie's clothes are hanging on only one side. So much wasted space underneath - although filled with Shoe Mountain. DD2 has always liked shoes. That needs to stop. I remember my cousin had the same fanaticism about buying shoes for DD2. While staying with her one time I cleaned out 20 pairs of shoes that either didn't fit anymore or were uncomfortable "but so cute" that DD2 never wore. The other half of the closet had a couple of things on the floor. I told DD2 she needed to get shelves in the closet and use vertical storage to find more space and help keep the mess under control. Maysie has a captain's bed with drawers. They were almost empty! Of course they were, everything was all over the floor. ;) DD2 was completely overcome by the job. Not surprising.

I came home and found the old metal shelves that DDIL2 used last summer for her plants. The plants all died (or were eaten by the squirrels). These are the old style metal shelves that connect together with bolts and are still in good condition. We have had them for over 30 years. I will paint the shelves and attach 2 of them together to make one tall shelf to go on the empty side of the closet. One short shelf will fit under Maysie's dresses. Vertical storage is needed. Oh, painted pink of course! :rolleyes: No need to buy new shelves.

I told DD2 that she needs to put the toys up and only allow so many out at one time. Better for the child and easier for her. Don't get anything else out until the current ones are all put back in the containers and DD2 can put them up on the shelves. The lower shelves will make it easy for Maysie to put her toys back herself. I will also purge the shoes. I texted DD2 we would be coming over when Maysie is with her birth mom so we don't have to deal with a 3 year old. She was thrilled. DD1 and I are collecting bins, and storage boxes to sort the toys into. DDIL2 asked me if we could use some smaller pink storage boxes like you would store videos or something in. Grabbed them right up. I also found some folding crates that I bought for the trailer several years ago and don't use. They were just folded up and sitting on a shelf in my office. Put one in DDIL2's nursery (more on that later).

First set back occurred this am. Couldn't paint the shelves since it started raining and hailing in massive quantities. Started to clear up then clouds rolled in again. Hopefully it will clear enough tomorrow or Friday to do the spray painting. In the meantime, I will disassemble the shelving units and reassemble them in the configuration I need. So that is underway now.

Then DDIL2 started cleaning her office/spare room. It was filled with stuff since she had stopped using it. DS1 disassembled the opium bed and moved it out into the hallway. Would have moved it straight to the Connex but he hurt his foot cleaning corrals with the grandsons. So it sits in the hallway for 2 days while I cleaned the BR around it. Still there - remember the hailstorm today? However we will move everything out to the Connex tomorrow and bring in a large trunk to transfer the toys into in the family room. Even if it continues to rain, DH and DS1 remembered that DS2's truck has a tonneau cover. They will use that and hopefully everything will stay dry. Anyway, sorted through the mountain of games. DD2 took some of the easier ones home since she and Doofus play games with Maysie now. 20% of them gone. Next I had to put the "collector" games away. Luckily the top shelf in the closet was empty - you know the one. It is the shelf that is almost impossible to access so either it holds stuff that you have not seen in 15 years, or is empty. In this case case, there was only a plastic bin on the shelf. After putting the games we don't play, but that I am forbidden to dispose of up there I retrieved the plastic bin to see what was stored in it surprise! It held empty folding cloth bins that were exactly what DDIL2 needed for baby clothes on the shelves from which we had removed all the games! Still half the games remained, so I sorted out some for the grandchildren and the rest go to good Will. Some of them never opened That is what happens when your family has no clue what to get you for Christmas. DD1 may not want them since she herself has about 100 games but too bad. She gave most of them to us she can have them back. Some of them the kids will enjoy and she can use them to keep them off video games. Finished cleaning out the closet, removed and repacked several dozen glass canning jars to remove to the milking shed and store. With those shelves empty I was able to put away the games we decided to keep on some of the shelves, leaving quite a few shelves in the closet for baby gear storage. This will be the nursery.

Next, I emptied off the table that had been in use for DDIL as a desk. Took off the TV equipment from the back of it and disconnected the video game equipment. Moved out the table, vacuumed and rolled up the carpet, then cleaned the floors. After DH finished using the power washer on the tile floors DS1 carried out the carpet and we put it down in the family room. Also moved out the table to the family room. Had to do a little rearranging but not much. The toddler toys are overflowing the copper washtub I used for them, but bringing in the big wooden trunk for them will fix that and it will fit under the table nicely. Moved the washed baby blankets into the old toy box in the nursery. It will double as a side table for the rocker (wedding gift to DDIL2 from DD1). Now cleaning the bare laminate floor in preparation for the crib, changing table and possibly the ginormous dresser that DS2 built. He finished it over Christmas and moved it into their bedroom. Something has to come out of the bedroom since you can hardly walk into the room. I don't know how they will fit the side sleeper in the room! The room is 12' x 12' and currently holds a highboy, huge dresser , double bed, desk, side table, large gun safe, 1 deep set of shelves, and a floor to ceiling bookcase. Oh yes, and the large desk chair and 2 computers. No the walls are not made of rubber. Currently all the baby stuff is also in there. Stroller, carseat, boxes of diapers, boxes of baby clothes from DD1 and other friends, and more. I am afraid to enter, not that there is room for more than one person in there! At least we are now moving the baby stuff out. I have suggested to DDIL2 that we remove at least one of the dressers and put it in the baby nursery. She is beginning to look a bit frantic. However, Friday is her last day at work before beginning maternity leave so that will take some stress off her. She will be in maternity leave until school starts in August which will be nice.

Anyway, I have to put up the new blind in the nursery - it has been sitting in there for about 10 months. Also pack away the paintings on the walls so it can revert to a baby space with some sort of wall decals. I will give 2 of them to DD1 since she really loves them. I will trade them for the nursery pix she has hanging in her bathroom. LOL

Got to go see about dinner. Sitting here has allowed me to rest my back and knee. LOL Time to get back to work.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of a side bassinet. I had the kind with the legs on wheels and they didn’t have fold down or peekaboo sides. So just who decided to mess up traditional bassinets? Send them to Gitmo.
All this preparation ought to produce the most perfect babies ever! However did primitive women cope with raising babies without truckloads of stuff? Heck if I know!
Soon you will have the rewards of all this getting ready for the Blessed Event.
You did fantastic going to the sale for all that baby gear. Lots of goodies at great prices.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know, right?! The "side sleeper bassinet" is fairly new. Looks silly to me. But I am not of this young generation. Plus all the new baby toys have to have batteries to work! What ever happened to babies making things jingle by rattling them? I bought a number of toys for $4-5 each. The usually go for $15-25 in the store. Silly prices when the baby is just as happy with an empty Cool whip container or a set of plastic measuring spoons. I kept my Tupperware in a large cupboard out of the way in the kitchen. When I needed them out of the way I just opened the doors and let them at it. Kept them from under my feet while I got dinner on the table. Used to give mine my car keys to hold, but now I don't dare - they might gum the keyless opener contraption into not working. :hide

Anyway, got most of the stuff into the Connexes. Took the boxes of canning jars down to the milk shed. Dealt with the insurance on Yelm - the checks are approved and coming out so we can pay off the credit card we put everything on. The new agent did a nice spread for the property - look at 8511 Canal road S.E., Yelm, WA on the Keller-Williams site if you want to see the house and property. Great pix. Came out yesterday and already have a showing on
Saturday. :fl The agent wants us to cancel the people moving into the house since with this Covid if their house fails to close they could claim the right to remain in the property. Now I am worried about that as well as a break in! :thThey have not got a signed lease nor sent any $$ so I could rescind the offer. Considering that since they received the emailed lease over a week ago. DH and I can go up once DD2 has THE ONLY BABY TO EVER BE BORN IN THE WORLD in other words, HERS. They will be going up anyway till 3/22. It would certainly make showing the house easier and keep it cleaner. They have 2 large dogs that they will have to keep inside since they are from southern CA. I will probably go ahead and rescind the offer - just realized the dogs will probably scratch the doors to come into the house. I would have to repaint the doors. o_O

I need to hang the new blind in the nursery. I got it a year ago - wooden blind. Very nice, got it on closeout, very heavy so had to run up and down to the tool shed for anchors, longer screws, etc. Now too tired to get on ladder and hang blind. Tomorrow.

Had to cancel the trip t the butcher - truck in the shop. Totally forgot about needing it. Kent was ok with cancelling and said he would fit me in somewhere later.

Washed and disassembled the metal shelves. Then reassembled them in the right proportions for Maysie's closet. Then spray painted them hot pink. They turned out a bit darker since the color they were previously painted was a brick red. still they are PINK! I was surprised they dried so quickly too since today it was cold and overcast. It was supposed to rain after noon but just got very dark and felt damp. However they dried just fine. I will load the and take them to DD2's on Saturday. Move the furniture around (DGS1 will do that) and make DD2 sit down to sort out Maysie's toys with the aim of putting them in containers on the shelves. They child has way too many toys anyway. For a child that is only with them 3 days a week there is no excuse for the mess. Mom is not in a good mood and is prepared to come down hard.

I need to clear off my desk now so I can work on the taxes on Yelm, and also for some of our other stuff. Oh yes, and register 4 ewe lambs. And do my filing. :barnie I am moving the short bookcase from the nursery into the office to use. It can go in the closet next to my desk and will provide me with extra sorting space for all the files I need to be working on. Time to clean out the office and put more stuff away that shouldn't even be in there. Sort, sort, sort, put away, put away, put away. I feel like my life has become one endless round of preparing for everyone's events and then cleaning up afterwards. Aaaaargh! I think I will cancel the short term lease arrangement and go back to Yelm myself. Even sleeping on the floor in an empty house has its attractions - no children, no grandchildren, just peace and quiet.

However, having had our vaccinations, and our dear friends having had theirs, we can now go to their homes and play bridge or rummy tile. 😁 Without masks! :yesss: We won't even social distance since no one will see us. :gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh the joys of selling real estate! I hope it sells quickly and that headache is soon gone. Grand babies will soon arrive and you will be all silly with excitement over them. Adorable.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saturday and the clean up at DD2's place accomplished. it took DD1,DDIL2, DD2, Doofus, DGS1 and myself to accomplish but we got it done.

The metal shelves in their vibrant new pon paint were greeted with delight - apparently those 40 year old metal shelves look "so modern" with hot pink gloss paint. They fit perfectly into the closet on both sides giving plenty of vertical storage. I had Dofus attach them to the closet wall with drywll screws. The plain white plastic bins, buckets, and small round laundry baskets from the dollar store fit on them perfectly. Of the 5 large drawers in the captain's bed, only 1 has anything in it. 3 year old Maysie's undies and socks are in one, using 3 of the adorable pink boxes as drawer dividers. Several of the white containers are still empty and there is empty space on the top shelf of the closet. Since the drawers in the captain's bed do not go all the way back, I talked DD2 into storing some items behind the drawers under the bed frame that she doesn't need out right now. Some clothes and shoes that no longer fit Maysie but are being kept for Annbelle. Also some extra pillows that "Maysie loves to cudde with" - DD2 or "Maysie loves to just toss around the room" - Doofus. Also some Barbie doll and American Doll stuff that Maysie is not allowed to play with. I couldn't prevail on DD2 to dispose of some of the stiff - plastic makeup set, and some other junk toys. Eventually DD2 might get rid of them when she needs room for all the new baby junk she will accumulate. At least now she has drawer space for the baby clothes.

Rearranged the bedroom so the crib will fit in there and eventually the changing table too. DD2 says she will keep the changing table in her bedroom. Not my problem - king size bed, side table, side sleeper, shelves, and changing table. Luckily neither of them is very large. I rarely go over anyway due to the horrible parking problem. Took about 4 hours so good time. DGS1 helped move stuff and went back and forth with Doofus to the laundry room to bring stuff up.

Came home and had a rest. Then got dinnerv in theoven and ran some 3-6 mos. baby clothes through the washer and dryer to get them out of the laundry room. The new nursery and closet has been emptied, blinds hung, and is now ready for baby furniture to go in. DS1 and Dh have moved DS2's ginormous dresser that he made back out of their room and into the nursery.

Next job is picking up the Kids Consignment items in the truck tomorrow afternoon. Then we will bring them to my house where the girls will sort through them. DS1 got the crib out of the Connex and it is ready to go to DD2's place with her share of the KC goodies. The thought of all the stuff leaving my premises is intoxicating! The baby items will never return since the girls will be having 2nd babies and will have to rent storage facilities for themselves. Everything I am giving to dd2 is never coming back anyway. The wooden mini crib I loaned her came back with 3 broken wheels and a support board pulled out. This is not the first item that has been "loaned" to her that either came back damaged or not at all. From now on anything that she gets will be hers to keep! Not to us and return for repairs and storage!

Got DH's tax stuff done this am before leaving for DD2's nursery overhaul so only a few items left on my list to take care of. :weee

Next job around here is pulling the ewes out from the ram - should have been done a month or so ago but with all this Yelm and baby stuff it didn't. Then sort out which ewes go with which ram when. They need to be divided up so they will lamb a month apart. The ewes in the creep are almost ready to move onto the field. Got to get that done before leaving for Yelm again the end of March.

We decided not to do a short term rental of the Yem house since with the current Covid problem in Washington the governor has again extended the "no need for tenants to pay rent, landlords can starve and lose their property" rule. I had sent them a prospective lease March 3, but did not hear back from them. They did not sign and return the lease or send me a check or anything so yesterday I told them we were going to go up and stay ourselves. Although these people have supposedly bought another property, if their escrow falls through they could conceivably decide to remain in our little house and we wouldn't be able to get them out. After considering the 2 large dogs they have and our nearly new carpet we don't want to have to clean the carpets. Also the fact that these dogs are not used to Washington cold and rain they will be scratching at the doors to come inside. I really don't need to repair and repaint the doors in rainy weather with the house on the market. We will go up as soon as DD2 has her baby. DDIL plans to go stay with her parents the last couple weeks until the baby comes. So we will come back for that and then go up again if necessary. At least by coming and going to the Yelm house, hopefully no one will notice that it is periodically vacant. :fl

I will let DD1 know that they can bring over the crib and changing table she has been keeping for them whenever they want. I know she wants it out of her house. Next baby stuff to get out will be the large swing.. portable swing for DDIL2, and the baby bouncer. Not the larger baby jumper, the little bouncer when the baby lays down and kicks. Looking at all the stuff that is now filling my tool shed, I just hope that when they are finished with this stuff they will rent a storage unit for it all. Maybe I can give them some of my extra furniture too. ;)