Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have to go to Yelm for the closing?
Sorry - No, we will have a traveling notary come to our house to sign all the paperwork.
we cleaned out all we wanted to take on our last trip and since the buyers asked for the fridge we don't need to go back to deal with that.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So 8111 had split twins, 2nd lamb was a nice ewe lamb. Iodined cords before left for bridge. Need to weigh them this evening when I go feed. Will vaccinate 3 lambs and dock ewe lamb tomorrow.

Got a lot of Bridge Club business work to take care of before we leave for Texas. Need to send out letters telling membership that we will be back to playing on July 14. Vaccinated persons and those who have recovered from Covid do not need to wear masks. No refreshments. We cannot demand to see verification of vaccination so honor system. Need to email Board.

Next 3 days will be full - appointments and trip to pick up meat. Neighbor has not paid me for lamb yet Wants to pay with some computer type thing (not Pay Pal but similar) but we don't do that and Marv told him last week to just send us a check. Haven't got it yet. Cash would work too, but they are liberals and are taking this Covid separation very seriously. May just have to pick up their meat with ours. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and also when we dropped off the lambs a month ago. No reason for this delay, usually they are really prompt. However, just saw really nice Australian lamb loin chops at Costco for $7.99 lb. Lamb is getting cheaper than beef!

This weekend I have to clean 5th wheel and remove the emergency food stored there. Then empty all storage areas and repack for Texas trip. Start loading our clothes too. The more that is done now the less to do over 4th July weekend. We were going to wait to shoo for groceries until we got to Weatherford, but now that we are going to a KOA in Rusk, we need to make sure that there is a Walmart close by. I will check on line. The canned goods and bottled water, etc. can be loaded and carried from here, but fresh veg and fruit needs to be bought on arrival.

Looks like shopping is at a minimum so since we won't know our way around, we will have to stop and shop on the way in to this location. Knew where everything was in Weatherford (usual RV place) but this is new area for us so . . . .
We'll figure it out but sad because everything was so close in Weatherford. Easy to shop since refrigeration is tiny in 5th wheel. Will need to bring coolers to ice down water and some stuff outside trailer. New adventures!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When are you leaving and when is your ETA in Rusk? We get our girls from the 7-17 of July while their parents scamper off to Italy. We also get their 3 dogs. With Paris abandoning her beloved back yard for her new throne, under the south end of the porch, at least we can put them in the back yard for going potty. Would like to see y’all with and without kids. It would be easier to come see y’all and maybe go look at a few properties without bored children. Then y’all could come see us and see our new ewes.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or bring them to swim in the KOA salt water pool. Then have burgers.

We plan to be arriving in Rusk around July 8-9 depending on whether we leave July 5 or 6. I am not sure when Kris will have places lined up for us to look at. We will have a time crunch with only 30+ days of our 45 day period to find and identify a property. We have 180 days to finalize purchase but will want to be present for discovery and inspections.

Weighed the twins from 8111. Hair ewe and wooly ram both weighing in at 9 lbs. each. No problem lambing. This is a 3rd time mama, deep bodied with excellent topline, not too tall, but really pretty and giving he that beautiful topline on her lambs. One of my favorites.

Bubba has changed a lot too from his first earlier years of hysteria over babies to calm behavior around the jugs. Instead of trying t take the lambs away from me when ai weighed them, he just sniffed and licked the lambs a bit. I actually put the ram lamb on the ground for him to love on a little and he was very gentle with the baby while I put away the hanging scale. As a treat he got yummy afterbirth.
:drool < Him, not me! Me > :sick
Anyway, all lambs doing well, first set of twins are losing their tails after banding. One in pen today. Will get it this evening when I rake out that pen. Another treat for Bubba?

4 days to go. :fl

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This place is on Palestine, great house. No pasture, all trees. The money you get for selling timber goes towards a Bull dozer to clean up the mess. We know a guy for that…. Then fence and barns.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bringing the girls to swim would be lots of fun. We’ll definitely do that!
You said you’ll be back to play bridge on the 14th, that doesn’t give you much time to look around here! Can’t they play bridge without y’all? LOL LOL

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually I think that property in Crockett sold last March. :( I definitely was considering it since it was good size for rental and we could redo before moving in. Then add another BR or more living space. But I can have Kris look it up. And I still like the 77 acres on the RR tracks. 2/3 wooded 1/3 hay fields and pasture. I don't think it sold and planned to look it up and possibly make a lower offer due to condition of 2nd house and electrical problems, and possible septic problems on both. Needed more leach lines. Would need a complete renovation of kitchen when we move in but could be done. Enough space in rest of house. Got to see what is out there.

I won't be coming back by the 14th for bridge. I am arranging for the VP and Secretary to deal with reopening. I just have to send out the letters and have everyone respond to Fred. We won't be coming back until August sometime. I have 3 ewes due to lamb August 12, 13, 14 but they are second and third timers so no worries there. DS1 can handle it. Other 2 ewes aren't due till end of August. Next group in November. I will leave a list of ewes to move in and out of the breeding pen for DS1. He is capable of doing everything himself except pulling lambs without me. His hands are too big to get inside.

Trying to close on time but might have a couple day delay. The title company says they "didn't realize it was a 1031 Exchange". Must not have read my multiple emails! They don't have the 1031 paperwork from IPX. I know that Patrick from IPX emailed them because he sent me a copy. She was going to arrange to send out the notary tonight but luckily I reminded her of the 1031. I told her not to bother sending anyone out since I would not sign anything without the 1031 paperwork completed. Not taking chances with the IRS.

Swimming with the kids would be great and there is also a nice playground at the KOA. I will check to see if I have to book the pool during the week for visitors. Probably not, but you never know with Covid. Are the granddaughters going to name the new ewes?

Latest posts