Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is why he is there but I still miss him. :) I don't know how many sheep people can call a ram by name anywhere he is and he will come running.

This is why we have such a hard time letting any of our goats go. The bucks of course are my heart.
Glad Bay has him, you know he'll be loved and well cared for. That means alot, I know.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I let myself get too attached to our critters but if I didn't I wouldn't care to do what we do. :) And after getting to know our new friends quite a bit better I'm even happier to share what that boy has to offer. You can take all of the negatives that you hear about rams and throw them out the window when it comes to Ringo since he is one of a kind. He has been known to pout but judging from the pictures we got from Texas, there wasn't much of that if any.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I let myself get too attached to our critters but if I didn't I wouldn't care to do what we do. :) And after getting to know our new friends quite a bit better I'm even happier to share what that boy has to offer. You can take all of the negatives that you hear about rams and throw them out the window when it comes to Ringo since he is one of a kind. He has been known to pout but judging from the pictures we got from Texas, there wasn't much of that if any.
I have actually never herd of a mean katahdin ram. Other breeds yes, katahdins- no.
I do believe the breed is just in a class by itself!
I agree Mike, if we didn't get attached and it didn't sting a bit when they leave then it's time I stop doing goats.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad Bay has him, you know he'll be loved and well cared for. That means alot, I know.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. :)

We are in love with Ringo. I climbed in the back seat and opened the back sliding glass as we were hurtling down the interstate. Ringo turned around, perked his ears up and gladly took an animal cracker. That just melted my heart.

Ever since you said that you were going to replace Ringo, I just knew he was mine. The Lord blessed me with a husband that indulges my brand of crazy and he loves Ringo too. :love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ringo is such a sweetheart. I took a curry comb to brush him with, but he sniffed it, smelling horse smell, snorted and backed away. :lol: So I rubbed him with my fingers. He stood transfixed, his lips quivered a little and he got a good rubbing. Ringo has a tickle spot between his shoulder blades that makes him lift a hind leg and kick like a dog. :gig

I followed him around the pasture watching what he was eating. There is 2 types of clover, Kentucky 32 fescue, hawksbill (dandelion cousin) dock, poor joe, various weeds that he enjoyed. He is a little drawn in from his trip yesterday, but he will recover quickly.

8BC4D2A0-D7A4-445C-87A1-A765A6759459.jpeg

His pasture has lots of shade which will help when the heat hits.

078CD91C-9EDE-4B73-9555-E85D4251CABB.jpeg

I hung out with him about an hour. He grazed awhile, then wanted an animal cracker and rubbing. Then graze, animal cracker, rubbing, rinse, repeat. BJ watched, with a big grin, happy with this big boy that has captured both our hearts.

061261B2-45B9-4B10-8EF2-19684DD9802C.jpeg

3620B541-9ABB-4E6C-BA5D-8B1E6E84DA08.jpeg

He got a drink out of the pan I put out for the guineas. LOL I walked him in the night pen and showed him his water bucket.

3408C9D9-B050-4E1F-951A-B2BDB2D7D473.jpeg

F58CE1C4-4E27-4746-8B8C-7AF281454293.jpeg

I’m going to leave him out another hour, then put him up. He came off lush pasture, but no clover. I put out some soda if he wants it and some mineral. He licked the mineral and sniffed the soda. He knows where it is if he wants/needs it.

We love Ringo! :love

Latest posts