Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
o_OOh no! Ringo is much more than your stud ram! Losing him would be devastating emotionally as well as flock wise. So glad he is better.

I wonder if he might have had a stone forming in his urethra. Since he started to recover once he peed and peed for such a long time, it might be that the stone got flushed out. Having some smallish blockage that interfered with his stream might have been enough to throw him off.

I wonder if having a small partial blockage of the urethra might also have caused him to settle fewer ewes this year as well.

Just a thought. Since an acidifier is often thought to dissolve the forming calculi, maybe the tomatoes helped.

Whatever happened, glad he is on the mend. Particularly since the girls were there. Too awful for them since they love him too. :hugs

Hope the cakes were good! LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
o_OOh no! Ringo is much more than your stud ram! Losing him would be devastating emotionally as well as flock wise. So glad he is better.

I wonder if he might have had a stone forming in his urethra. Since he started to recover once he peed and peed for such a long time, it might be that the stone got flushed out. Having some smallish blockage that interfered with his stream might have been enough to throw him off.

I wonder if having a small partial blockage of the urethra might also have caused him to settle fewer ewes this year as well.

Just a thought. Since an acidifier is often thought to dissolve the forming calculi, maybe the tomatoes helped.

Whatever happened, glad he is on the mend. Particularly since the girls were there. Too awful for them since they love him too. :hugs

Hope the cakes were good! LOL
I never thought about a stone blockage. Good point.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ringo has decided that Sheba and Sentry’s dog food is delicious, chicken and all. None of the sheep have gone after the dog food since we started mixing chicken with the kibble. The dogs can’t fight him off, he just pushes them away. Ringo obviously likes chicken. So now I have to pen the dogs to feed them. Big goofy Ringo.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doesn't dry dog food have alot of ash in it???? Thinking I read that somewhere, as it causes problems in older male dogs.... I might be imagining that.... BUT..... maybe that contributed to his being "not really right" .....