Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, well, he thinks he is a PET..... and he has 4 legs.... and you feed him tomatoes for goodness sake.... why not eat everything else you bring out there....he has a diversified "palate" :hide:lol::lol::gig:gig:gig
Yes he is a pet. A spoiled brat of a pet that thinks everything is just for him. Ringo is my baby and he knows it. He likes tortillas too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, so much has happened since I last posted here on September 11, 2021. Only 9 days later, my beloved BJ died. My world got hit by a bomb.

I sold our farm and moved to a house on 2 acres owned by my son in Trinity county. I’ve found a double wide on 25 acres with 2 ponds. Waiting to close hopefully by May 5.

Ringo is 9 years old and it’s showing. He is much slower, his get around doesn’t get him around like it used to. I now treat him with ammonium chloride to keep urinary stones away. Like his human counterpart, his peepee don’t pee so good any more. LOL LOL

Ringo doesn’t like the ammonium chloride and won’t eat ANY feed dusted with it. He’d rather starve. LOL So I mix it in water and syringe it down his throat—AFTER I chase him around and he finally gives up.

Ringo took the move here in stride, not much ruffles him. He is currently with my 8 ewes. I saw him breed one, have seen him rumbling and courting several others. I’m hoping he gets the job done!

I sat outside today, in the shade, breeze blowing, a beautiful day. Ewes are grazing and Ringo did too for awhile. He laid down close to the dogs. I pulled down some branches for him to reach the leaves, he got up for the treat. Sheba wasn’t far away.

3EE101A6-9C21-4FF0-9887-63FBA29D71B9.jpeg

Interestingly, Sheba got up too, keeping close to her buddy.

5F34DAAA-4AA9-429A-BBBE-F14A7F4BABDC.jpeg

We went down the fence row, me pulling branches down for him to reach. Here came the ewes! They all got treats! Sheba stayed close, going down the fence with the whole crew. Sheba and Sentry patrolled the pasture. Ringo and I went back to the shade.

Sheba and Sentry came back to the shade too. Sheba laid down close to her buddy.

081792AF-0FB4-45CD-B700-BAE0DCA25F19.jpeg

It wasn’t long before a squirrel across the pasture raised the dogs from their slumber and they raced away to catch it. Of course they didn’t, and they came back. Sheba laid down next to my lawn chair for me to pet her. Ringo was close by, but evidently too far for him, he got up and laid back down between Sentry and Sheba. Their love for one another and their friendship makes me smile.

226A6163-DEA7-41C3-9034-140BFFA4B7E3.jpeg

Just a short glimpse into the life of Ringo, the fabulous ram. He’s slower, but I am too. LOL
I’m looking forward to taking him and his girls to plenty of green pastures soon.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an aged Nubian buck, who will never leave the property. I see his slowing. But he's happy! Kids on ground this year are his, so still capable. They do lose some condition, no matter how great the care. I see it in Mr B. He still trots up for his feed.

Plus I have a 37 y/o mini stallion, too. He's not breeding....but still nickers to the old ladies at the fence line 😊 no one is trying to open the gate. :lol: more slowing. This thurs 28th is his birthday.....sr feed as usual...maybe a little extra snuggle. 🤭I've had him for 21 yrs. Still good weight on him.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still haven’t closed on new property. It’s 100F hot, dry and we need rain. What to do on a hot, humid afternoon? Why, sit in the shade and pet Ringo, of course! Obviously if I’m sitting down it can only be because i want to lavish attention on Ringo, who is mugging for scratches!

A70F1197-9FAE-4048-A98C-1ECE390FEC38.jpeg

C435337A-53C9-42AA-B1A8-72A0B3F7595C.jpeg

Latest posts