1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ringo has Moved to TEXAS

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by Baymule, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Apr 22, 2019
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

Old horses may be a labor of love, but the ones that stay with you forever have earned it. Been good and faithful family servants, friends, babysitters, etc. They deserve the care of staying till they die calmly and quietly with the ones they love that love them. How could I send off a horse that has carried my children safely for years, carried me safely, never kicked or bitten, carried kids double, done playdays, long trail rides, horse camping, done whatever we asked regardless of what they thought about it? Who would send an old friend to the sale yard just because they were old? We loved to see them enjoying their retirement. Cool windy days would send them in a frantic canter around the field remembering their youth. I still miss them all.

2. Apr 22, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

This one had Teresa cracking up. She was sitting here eating some supper so I read it to her. She got to laughing so hard she had to put her plate down. :)

3. Apr 22, 2019
    Mike CHS

I should add that since I have met you I was reading your post doing my imitation of a @Baymule drawl and accent. :)

4. Apr 22, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

That alone is enough to make anybody laugh. :gig:gig

5. Apr 23, 2019
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

6. Apr 23, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Clearly we need a video of that, with sound.

7. Apr 23, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

8. Apr 29, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

More weeds from the garden for Ringo today. He runs to the gate for his share, that boy does love him some lambs quarters. That’s a good thing cause I sure got lots of them. He is almost plucked and brushed clean of his winter coat.

9. Apr 29, 2019
    Mike CHS

Most of ours have lost their winter coat but a few of the ewes look like they have some kind of disease. That plus as expected they are the less tame ones so I can't help them out.

Ridgetop, Rammy, CntryBoy777 and 2 others like this.
  10. May 2, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Today, Ringo got put with the girls. Actually he put himself with them. The ewes were grazing the yard, I looked up and there he was. BJ didn't hook the gate good enough and Ringo just squeezed himself through it. Ok fella, you earned it.

Ringo ran around sniffing back ends, curling his lip and tried to mount a few. They weren't having it, pretty soon they all settled down and went back to grazing.

Since it seems that Ringo has moved out of pasture #1, I let the lambs in it. They ran, jumped, grazed and had a good time. After a while, it started to rain, so I put everyone up and came in.