Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ringo just scared us to death. We came back from town and there was a big white belly sticking out above the grass.
BJ said,”is he dead?”
I jumped out of the truck. When I rattled the gate, dead Ringo suddenly sprang to life! He was taking a nap. Whew! Don’t scare us like that!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've had that reaction a few times but I never got used to it with him. My favorite ewe was on her back kicking back and forth last week and I thought she was having some kind of convulsions. I hurried out to he as she was getting up and after looking real hard saw a couple of ants on her so she must have gotten into a hill of them.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
My alpacas usually cush (all legs underneath with their heads up). Sometimes they will lie stretched out and I'm thinking the same as you Bay, did he die out there? But, at least so far, they have gotten back up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was walking in the woods out back one day when I saw Joe laid out. Heart in my throat, fearing the worst, I ran towards him. He raised up, clearly annoyed, I disturbed his nap.

Joe Laying Down.JPG

I was so relieved that Ringo wasn't dead today that I brought him back a handful of animal crackers.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has he been showing anymore sassyness (is that a word?) Your ewes should probably start cycling if they aren't already and he does get a bit defensive over his girls. I didn't let him get by with it and just kept moving toward him whenever he felt sassy. Quick hands in the air is all it takes if he gets pushy. It only happened once but he is a ram but he never pushed it as I stayed in charge.