Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
He will love that. Don't leave that bag laying around since he does know how to tear them open. :)

I was down with him and Maisy tonight and he came up and did more snuggling than normal. He comes in with the girls like normal but spends more time afterword just getting brushed. It's probably all my imagination but it's almost like he knows something is going on. I had to offer the bucket to get him to come in with the girls tonight.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know you have a sense of loss, maybe a little sadness at giving up Ringo and I am sure he senses that.

And, yes, he does!! You need to talk with him and his dog, to explain he is leaving there, going to a good home. Please tell him how you have enjoyed knowing him and love him. He will miss you but know he was not abandoned by you. Trust me, they do hear you! :)

I once sold a stallion that I had had for almost 8 years, to a fine home (when we dispersed with DH terminal cancer). The little stally & I had several talks. The lady came for him, another talk...she thought I was nuts!...and we had a first right of refusal contract. Several years later, she advised he was available. I went from VA to FL 2 weeks later to get him. At the time I arrived we looked at Sir, I loved on him, we discussed pick-up and time I was leaving, etc. She said he's been difficult to catch lately, wake me if you need help. He isn't wanting to be caught & haltered, unlike him but he has been that way for a few months.

At 4AM I went to his pasture, called him & he trotted to me. I said "Sir, we are going home!" Held out his halter, he put his head in as he always had, jumped into the trailer and off we went! Almost 6 years apart and we still knew each other. He was here with me another 12 years, until I buried him at 35 years of age!! Broke my heart. Miss that boy to this day...it's been 2 years.:love

. Hungry for waffles!

So -- this is now on your diet? :lol:

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And, yes, he does!! You need to talk with him and his dog, to explain he is leaving there, going to a good home. Please tell him how you have enjoyed knowing him and love him. He will miss you but know he was not abandoned by you. Trust me, they do hear you! :)

I once sold a stallion that I had had for almost 8 years, to a fine home (when we dispersed with DH terminal cancer). The little stally & I had several talks. The lady came for him, another talk...she thought I was nuts!...and we had a first right of refusal contract. Several years later, she advised he was available. I went from VA to FL 2 weeks later to get him. At the time I arrived we looked at Sir, I loved on him, we discussed pick-up and time I was leaving, etc. She said he's been difficult to catch lately, wake me if you need help. He isn't wanting to be caught & haltered, unlike him but he has been that way for a few months.

At 4AM I went to his pasture, called him & he trotted to me. I said "Sir, we are going home!" Held out his halter, he put his head in as he always had, jumped into the trailer and off we went! Almost 6 years apart and we still knew each other. He was here with me another 12 years, until I buried him at 35 years of age!! Broke my heart. Miss that boy to this day...it's been 2 years.:love

So -- this is now on your diet? :lol:
This brought tears to my eyes.