Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
0416191448-jpg.61205

Sorry, I know this thread is about Ringo but as I was scrolling that udder caught my eye! WOW. On a sheep too. WOW.
Ok continuing on now...

The katahdins IMO are really the best behaved rams. So far all the people I have known with Dorper rams... dangerous. No way.
So glad Ringo is with you. @Mike CHS this is how we feel about our bucks. This is why we are so selective where they go because they are super sweet, raised right and I agree... the temperament is something passed on.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
0416191448-jpg.61205

Sorry, I know this thread is about Ringo but as I was scrolling that udder caught my eye! WOW. On a sheep too. WOW.
Ok continuing on now...

The katahdins IMO are really the best behaved rams. So far all the people I have known with Dorper rams... dangerous. No way.
So glad Ringo is with you. @Mike CHS this is how we feel about our bucks. This is why we are so selective where they go because they are super sweet, raised right and I agree... the temperament is something passed on.
That would be Miranda LAMBert. LOL She bags up like a cow. I had 2 of her daughters as FF for my 4th lambing, both had twins, 1 lost one of hers, but both were good mothers. I am keeping a ewe from her this time too. In that picture, they all look so scruffy, had weaned the lambs, they are shedding and need to dry up and get back in good condition.

5 days before she lambed

89d6df49-6681-42ba-932a-8563c03d8e9c-jpeg.55527

A side view 2 days before she lambed. She always has enough milk to feed a calf. LOL

7ca1d095-9ba5-4cd6-9d5e-7eb299c95d4b-jpeg.55614

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: always looking at their butt.... :lol:

Gotta admit, that udder is impressive.:D

Now come on... you can't miss that.:D:D:D
Geesh, she has a better udder than a lot of goats out there! :lol:
She even has a medial.... and good lateral support

Dang Baymule you need to market that sheep... I hear sheep milk is delicious! I'd get a nice ewe out of her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I pulled a few weeds in the garden, Ringo walked up and down his fence until I brought him his share. He loves the lambs quarters and poor joe, anything with a deep taproot. I don't know what those plants are dragging up from the depths, but Ringo eats them with great gusto. The ewes were on the pipeline pasture, or they would have been yelling for their share too.

The lambs saw Ringo getting goodies so they started yelling at me. I offered them a bunch of lambs quarters, they tasted, snuffled, chewed a little, but plainly they were not impressed. So I offered that bunch to Ringo. He carefully sniffed...… I secretly think that Teresa had a little talk with him.....Now look Ringo, you are important to our flock, you are the BIG DADDY around here and you have to stay healthy. Lambs have GERMS. Lamb slobber has GERMS. DO NOT eat after the lambs or you will get their GERMS. Yes, lamb slobber will give you NOSE BOOGERS. Lamb slobber will give you warts and make you go blind. Lamb slobber has been known to make ram testicles fall off, you don't want THAT do you? Ringo carefully considered the lamb slobbered weeds, remembering what his former Mommy had told him about lamb germs. He snorted, utterly rejecting the germ laden offering. Heck NO! He didn't want his testicles to fall off, go blind, or the other horrors of being exposed to lamb slobbers. I offered him another bunch and he happily ate them. Good boy. Always listen to your Mommy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some of the girls must be in heat. Ringo got a little smart alecky this morning. he backed up, shook his head and walked forward. I popped his nose. He did it again so I slapped his nose. put my arms over my head, roared and jumped forward. He looked at me for a moment, like "Oh, you really mean it" and walked off to graze. :lol:

Then I put the girls on the pipeline. He has been baa-baaing for them. It won't be much longer and he can have his harem.

Latest posts