Ringo has Moved to TEXAS 2-28-19 to 2-6-23 Goodbye Dear Friend

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just happy he's better! :love

Sometimes age gives us no reason for feeling off. No doubt seeing it early helped! You know I have elders here...some days I just have to sit and watch their demeanor to be prepared. In case. I see my old stallion showing serious age issues, at 37, he's pushing it. Like you and Joe...time comes. ;):( We pray and adjust.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just happy he's better! :love

Sometimes age gives us no reason for feeling off. No doubt seeing it early helped! You know I have elders here...some days I just have to sit and watch their demeanor to be prepared. In case. I see my old stallion showing serious age issues, at 37, he's pushing it. Like you and Joe...time comes. ;):( We pray and adjust.
I miss Joe every day. I go to his grave and talk to him. I never had a horse like him, he was a once in a lifetime best friend.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I miss Joe every day. I go to his grave and talk to him. I never had a horse like him, he was a once in a lifetime best friend.
I think I must have missed it about Joe dying. :( I’m sorry to hear that. :hugs

Glad Ringo is feeling better. I hope you get to enjoy him for a long time to come.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was like that with my old mare. Got Satan when she was 1 1/2 yrs old from my 4-H leader... had her 27 years. Broke her, trained her, barrel raced her, grew up with her, went through a marriage, a son, a divorce, brought her with me when I moved to Va. Thought she would live as long as her dam who was 35 when she died at the home of a former 4-H er I was in the club with, but she left me sooner than I was ready. Never be another like her for me. I get it.
Bought a guernsey dairy cow at the auction. I was her 2nd owner.... the original calved her mom out on the dairy... he had a slight stroke so they sold out the milking cows but kept her for a family cow and the family all helped. Then he had a more serious stroke and the grandkids went off to college. I bought her and kept her another 7-8 years and buried her when her age got her down. We figure she was around 15.

I am hoping that Ringo gets and stays "over" his mysterious ailment. Maybe the combination of tomatoes, and then all your "purging" his system, kick started him back on a better track..... How old is he now? I am hoping that he gets everyone bred, especially the newly acquired registered ewes. Then take it as it comes. He may do good for another year or 2 as a breeder.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I must have missed it about Joe dying. :( I’m sorry to hear that. :hugs

Glad Ringo is feeling better. I hope you get to enjoy him for a long time to come.
I never posted it. Normally when I lose a beloved animal, I tell their story. It helps me deal with the loss. But not Joe.

Joe had Cushings disease and slowly wasted away over 2 years. I grieved for my friend and finally had to put him down. August 18, 2020, just a little over a year ago. I finally can go to his grave and not cry. My heart horse, the love of my life, there will never be another Joe.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never posted it. Normally when I lose a beloved animal, I tell their story. It helps me deal with the loss. But not Joe.

Joe had Cushings disease and slowly wasted away over 2 years. I grieved for my friend and finally had to put him down. August 18, 2020, just a little over a year ago. I finally can go to his grave and not cry. My heart horse, the love of my life, there will never be another Joe.
:hit
I literally have tears in my eyes.
Thank God that we get to have special animals in our lives.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind but this thread is one of the best places I have seen to insert this:

Attachments

• Christmas Card1 2018.JPG
    Christmas Card1 2018.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 113