RIP Haily

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am just devastated, we got home today and found our baby goat, born in Feb dead. She is the one that is in my avatar. She was the sweetest little thing. And I have no idea what happened. They had plenty of food and water in the pen. They have been wormed twice since we moved them in May to the new farm. She never really grew after we bought her and never really put weight on like everyone else. It was so hot that we simply buried her and did not call a vet out to check to see if we could find what happened. Now I have been a wreck all night wondering what went wrong and how I am going to tell our friends that we bought her from that she died. I still have not told my son she was his buddy and now I have to tell him that she is gone before he goes out in the morning to do his chores because he always runs right to her and lets her out to follow him around the yard. :hit

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
From what you said, that she never grew much, it sounds like a failure to thrive.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. But I have to agree with an earlier post that it was just failure to thrive. Not likely there was anything you could have done but give her the good care and attention she had while with you. :hugs

Latest posts