Rita... The BIRTHDAY Girl!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have fond memories of my DH "helping".......by the time he slammed doors, rattled EVERYTHING in the kitchen, filled the atmosphere with loud curses, and was well on his way to making a colossal mess, I just got up and did it. :gig

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
When John helps me with chores I fuss at him the entire time about silly things. He feeds the horses in the wrong order (which makes they all go haywire) and doesn't pull the goats to be fed in their designated order for the stand which makes them to crazy.

Drives me nuts.

But he's helping and I have to say thank you.

Your Rita reminds me of my Beau. He's way to smart for his own good, too.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I should give my husband credit. When he is home, he does the watering for me and I feed everyone. It works great unless he tries to water the pigs before I feed them, in which case he gets yelled at a whole lot (by the pigs) lol

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
We took care of my sister in law's farm one time when she got stuck out of town. She had lovely signs and labels and directions... And 18 horses. I knew NONE of their names that were so beautifully printed on their doors, which they couldn't read. 18... It was awesome. Or not. I'm going with not.

Sorry hijack.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I don't think feeding out of order is quite as big a deal when they all have private living quarters (is it? :idunno) I think the pecking order stuff becomes an issue when it's being fed (or milked) in a group context. Heaven forbid you snub the queen! :hide

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think with some horses it IS a big deal.

I was at a huge horse farm a few years back. They had at least 20 feed buckets stacked, but on there side on this large table/shelf thingie. Each bucket had individual labels of how many scoops of horse feed, alfalfa pellets, beet pulp etc.
Different types of horse feeds too.
I swear each horse had something different.
Some needed them soaked with x about if water, others needed it soaked with XX amount of water, others can only have pulp shreds while others need pellets, the list goes on :th

Latest posts