TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Allowed on the couch... SPOILED!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Allowed on the couch... SPOILED!
She sleeps with "Lil Bit" (my DD) she is "her person"!

Rita also thinks she is too good for the kennel pen. As she wailed all kinds of sounds today letting me know this as she had 20 minutes in there. Yeah, this is up against the fence next to dogs and goats ... it is large like 18x26 or something like that.... nope never took her eyes off us and ooooo you should hear the bizarre sounds she can make.
I told her ALL DOGS INCLUDING YOU LITTLE MISSY must be kennel trained! :D

I love the little brat!:love
Never leave paper towels within reach (too include height where she can stand on back legs). She thinks it is a game. :th

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does this mean that you might be getting a Kangal Puppy?

Probably not.

I miss Callie so much.
It may not make sense to others, and it's ok it doesn't have to, but I do deal with loss maybe differently.
It is taking that energy of grief and loss and using it for something positive.
At the same time I cannot let grief drive me to do something rash- like run out and get a new puppy!

Rita has become a "dog" in the past week! LOL
We may have to revisit the crate though.
She is so clean in the house and so spoiled ( NOT by me- I promise you!) and sleeps ON THE BED with DD!
She plays with Lena like a champ!
She perks up now when she hears a car in the drive, when she hears the door, or when one of the children are cutting up and she thinks someone is hurt.

The other day she was showing her Pyr side and refused to come back and go in... she wanted to play!
Little booger would turn and look and ignore my DD.
DD (the one who can train anything) will not be outsmarted! :D She "played" hurt... leaned over and acted like she was hurt... and started going to the house... Rita came running, followed her strait in and wouldn't leave her side for like 10 minutes! :lol::lol::lol: Later DD comes to me and said, "I feel bad for tricking her." Of course she was also laughing while she said it and whispered so Rita wouldn't hear her!:gig

Rita has a growl and a bark that is a 200lb bark growl! WOW! She is strong and powerful. She is also a big baby.
She pretty much hangs out wherever I am. But I do not do "needy" and she has learned this. She is very chill about it now.

Ok so you all may not like this but I LOATHE a dog in the bathroom. I do not get why people let their dogs in the bathroom with them EVER. It is weird and if the dog cannot be separate while you pee or take a shower ... well .... I am sorry but that is a freaking neurotic dog!:hide

I had walked into the bathroom, out of tissues and needed toilet paper for my nose! Well I am standing there and Rita LOVES TP! She grabs the TP (it was on the roll thingy) and as she grabs it it gets stuck on her tooth because the second she grabbed it I said NO. When she went to step back it was stuck on that baby tooth! :lol: It starts to unroll... her expression was PRICELESS... she now doesn't know what the heck is happening... she walks back about 4 ft... with the TP on her tooth. It finally drops off. But now she is staring at it and she BARKS! Approaches again. I am trying so hard not to laugh. She grabs it again, same thing... this time there was only about 2 ft left on the roll so it "stopped" but was still attached. She gives it a tug. Nothing. Another tug.... it finally comes off. She looks at it, cocks her head and walks away!

She really makes us laugh! She is very vocal and talks like a Pyr! She will entertain herself... usually when she finds some plastic thing! :rolleyes:

Working with the timidity thing and there is great improvement. The fear growl is always met with correction.
The kids let her play rough and bite. :mad::mad::mad: She came up and right when she is about to do what she does with the kids she will stop and keep walking. :D Oh yeah, she is SMART! She knows NO WAY can I play with mom like this... she doesn't even try. Now... if only the kids would stop! :D I am not too hard on the kids about it because a great dog must have manners but also have the individual relationships with the family members.

Little DD tripped on the rocks in the driveway. Her heel was coming up when running and clocked Rita's jaw... DD went flying and hit the drive hard, scraped up her elbows bad. Rita looked mortified like she had done something terrible, she ran to the house but then ran back down to DD. She respects DD.
Of course DD is a smart........................ ;) I told her she needed to work on some particular things like she did with Bernard. DD looks at me ( I LOVE her humour!:D) um... I picked Bernard, I didn't PICK Rita, I am not training a dog you want to pawn off on me. :lol::lol::lol::gig:gig:gig
BRAT!:plbb
Of courseshe is joking but it is funny because I told her before we got Rita that the next dog we got would be a Newfie. DD really wants a Newfie. I kinda replaced the Newf with Rita. :hide
Just hoping that I will manage avoiding the whole Newfie thing til she is moved out! ;) Shhhhhhhhhh. don't tell her!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably not.

I miss Callie so much.
It may not make sense to others, and it's ok it doesn't have to, but I do deal with loss maybe differently.
It is taking that energy of grief and loss and using it for something positive.
At the same time I cannot let grief drive me to do something rash- like run out and get a new puppy!

That makes sense to me. And you do have Rita! I am sure she is using a lot of positive energy right now! :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The TP story :lol:

We have to keep the TP in a drawer. DD1's cat loves to play with TP.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have come home to an entire roll of TP spread out all over the house, but mine was due to a kitten, not a puppy. I would have loved to see that.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rita loves the snow!

She is getting long and lanky.
She was wore out after playing in the snow. She is like a little kid. Plays, comes in, crashes- sleeps, gets up and wants to do it all over again!
So adorable.
I have a video of her crashed... snoring so loud! Our baby! RITA!
Rita first snow 2017 (25).JPG

Rita first snow 2017 (26).JPG

Rita first snow 2017 (27).JPG