Rita... The BIRTHDAY Girl!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not really a LGD but rather a farmdog I thought I would transfer to a new thread for updates.
In keeping with short posts on FB I keep it simple but I thought I'd share that Rita is doing well. Below is a video of some progress. Rita was so terrified of the vacuum she would run as far as she could go and cower in the corner- sometimes peeing herself. So this is great! She is letting that vacuum know she is not afraid anymore! Big girl!

On another note I sure am seeing some Pyr in her now. Yep I was in the kitchen and I hear a clank... Rita has front legs on a chair that was left pulled away from the table ( please someone tell you that drives you crazy too- why can't people push their chair back under the table? :hu ) Head sniffing a plate (also left at the table). MMMMM HMMMMM oh yeah... memories of "D" and Badger jumping up to get apples comes to mind! ;)

From FB-
Rita is coming along nicely. Rita has certain issues that need considerable work. We have made a good deal of progress with her. Callie (our Anatolian Bitch) will be working with her soon. Meanwhile household things she has shown severe anxiety about and fear of are the focus. She was terrified of the vacuum now little miss is the vacuum BOSS! ;) YAY RITA!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
please someone tell you that drives you crazy too- why can't people push their chair back under the table? :hu

DAMN RIGHT IT DOES!!!! The wife leaves her chair out a good 2 feet. I put her on the side of the table that isn't the direct path from the kitchen to the living room. But I still have to push it in to get to one of the cat's dishes or go out to the porch for firewood. I put the toilet seat down, is it so hard to push her chair in? I guess it is.

DD1's cat is terrified of the vacuum cleaner. Glad Rita has gotten over that.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rita was very tired after her cussing out the vacuum. She hopped on the couch and crashed! Little Miss seems to think she has some right to the couch. :rolleyes: All my other dogs "earned" the couch.:\
028.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Entitlement! You might need to buy more furniture so the people have somewhere to sit.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Entitlement! You might need to buy more furniture so the people have somewhere to sit.
When we move I will have their mattresses out full time. Yes, their dog beds are mattresses. They don't fit in real dog beds- they are too big. I drag the mattress out at night. :rolleyes:
:lol: she looks so innocent like she understands that she shouldn't be in the couch but is testing lol. I get that same look when one of the dogs jumps into my spot when I get up. :rolleyes:
She was so crashed. She stretched out and started snoring. Can you see Badger eyeing her? :D

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the sideways glance from Badger :lol: He's like "Oh yeah? You think so? Just wait till kom gets in here and sees you there!"

P.S. I LOVE Badger! :love:love

Very few get to see him. :( He is not "social". "D" is the ham!
My DH is a complete sucker for Badger! It is embarrassing. :lol:
And he acts like a brat- he will look at me when daddy gets home like Look daddy is loving meeeeeeeeeee. I just cut him the look like um Badge- I am not jealous- seriously. :lol:
Now he has these temper tantrums... good golly.
I am working on albums for the dogs. I have just been coming across so many wonderful photos and I am trying to just pics absolute favs... how does one do that? :hu

BTW glad to see you posting, was wondering about you yesterday and how you were doing and if you were getting better.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Been trying to time out when I can hit the road in your direction. I know you'd love to have Mel back with you if only for a short visit. I'm a little better. Last of the cough working it's way out now and the sinus isn't "stuffed" anymore but draining. Not sure which I prefer, stuffed or a raw nose from blowing constantly... Right now I've got a bit of a head ache from all the coughing. Wonder if maybe I've popped a blood vessel near my temple or something... No, I'm not having a stroke... Anyway, soon as I can get the schedule worked out I'll touch base with you to make arrangements.