Rolling Acres - This and That

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sucks to want to work and not be able to when a lot of employers have employees they WANT to work, who don't... :confused:
2 months after he was injured his previous employer called and said they are not holding that position for him. So DH has been looking for jobs even though he can't work. He wants to at least put resumes out there.
You're right on employers who want their employees to work but a lot of people don't. When I hear someone at work wants to take a day off because they are stressed(they don't have mortgage to pay, no kids...), I just roll my eyes and try to keep my mouth shut.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son wanted to go fishing yesterday afternoon so I took him to a nearby lake. He caught some sun fish and I caught a couple of sun fish as well. I wish we have a pond on our property that we can fish from. Actually my neighbor does but it's quite swallow and it freezes over in the winter time so no fish. This nearby lake is about 10 miles from my house and it has a public fishing dock so it's quite nice.
20180520_144824.jpg
sunfish.jpg

One small exciting news to report! Back in March I took a Civil service exam for a Bookkeeper position for the nearby county (also took a Principle account clerk exam for the county I live in, that same day). I finally heard something back and I made the list (candidate #17 tho)! Next year I will apply to take the exams again and hopefully do better at it and move up the list.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually my neighbor does but it's quite swallow and it freezes over in the winter time so no fish.
Similar to our pond but somehow fish survive the winter. Nothing big enough to catch ever but I did spot 5 or 6 today that might be as much as 3". I have no idea how they survive, must go torpid in the mud or something.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Similar to our pond but somehow fish survive the winter. Nothing big enough to catch ever but I did spot 5 or 6 today that might be as much as 3". I have no idea how they survive, must go torpid in the mud or something.
:idunnoThat's strange.

My Grandmother fried sunfish with the fins on. They were crisp and crunchy. I don't think she ever saw a fish too small to fry. LOL LOL
:gig:gig I didn't know you can eat sunfish. I would love to fish for my dinner but I wouldn't eat anything I catch here, especially from the river.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Wehner Homestead Just thought I'd let you know that we finally figured out when Bertie is in heat! I've never been so excited to "learn" about this! lol
She kept trying to mount the younger heifer yesterday and DH said she has been mooing all day. She also was doing the chin-resting thing. I read that those are signs that the cow might be in heat or close to standing heat, correct?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
2 months after he was injured his previous employer called and said they are not holding that position for him. ]

I assume nothing worker's comp can do? That really sucks. My DH was off for 6 month, didn't go full time until 11 months after he broke his leg... then had complications of blood clots. That was 2014 . We were very blessed he had a job afterwards. It took quite awhile before he could really work as well. He can jog a bit he recently discovered.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres Nothing worker's comp can do about his job. He even called and the lawyer to find out if anything can be done but nothing. He is getting paid by WC but he just wants the doctors to figure out what the next step is and get better soon. Doctors said they may need to do surgery on it but that would be the last resort.
Glad things worked out for your DH!