Rolling Acres - This and That

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Different hays and grasses will make different colors of haylage. And some of it will smell pretty eeewwww, yet the cows will love it. We don't panic over some mold in hay when we feed because they get enough that they don't "HAVE TO" eat anything moldy. I do worry about moldy grain but not the hay. They will eat around it and leave the stuff that doesn't appeal to them. I have seen and smelt some pretty strong bales of haylage, and figured they were basically a waste of time; only to have the cows clean up every bit. Others I thought were pretty decent and they didn't really like it.
Fermented is what you want it to be.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, what has happened the past couple of wks?....no updates...no pics......my, my!!.....we just can't be left hangin' like that......:lol::gig
So sorry. I've been busy lately. Nothing new to update but I do have pictures to share. I'll get to that sometime tomorrow.
I'm so behind in reading posts on BYH and I feel so disconnected from y'all!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so behind in reading posts on BYH and I feel so disconnected from y'all!
I'm going to know that feeling soon. Not hauling my computer down to the deep south when I go help @CntryBoy777 and Joyce move their stuff from MS to FL. I do have a new phone, the old one stopped holding a charge. Broke down and got a phone smarter than me. I do not see how people can manage to follow forums on that!