Rolling Acres - This and That

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's an incredible idea! Hey MAY actually like the goat.

But, if it goes as most pets and kids, you will end up with it being "yours". So, how may kids do you have? A herd worth? :lol:
Lol. I only have 1 kid so only 1 goat. My step children are grown adults so their pets are theirs.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is our 16th wedding anniversary! I took a day off from work (since i still have lots of vacation time left). We were going to go out to eat tonight but i think that would have to be changed because now DH has strep throat. I had it a few days ago so what a great anniversary gift I gave DH! :lol:

School is out for the summer and DS is all finished with 1st grade. :weeeHe'll be spending his summer days with DH at home but will also be attending 1 day summer field trip.

This weekend also marks our 1 year "cow-niversary". :ya I want to thank everyone who helped me on BYH with all my questions and your friendship!:love

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You may want to go with a Jersey to ensure first calving goes well. You have Red Devon? In a first calf heifer would not use Semintal. I had Angus for 30 years and bought tested calving ease bulls and still pulled too many first calf heifers! After going to Jersey on first timers no more pulling calves. The crossbreds sold as good as my straight Angus at market, too. The 50% Jersey heifers I retained as cows bred back to Angus gave me fat, black calves, too.

Over my life I have raised our freezer beef with straight Jersey being best on taste and texture. Eaten Hereford, Charlois, Angus, Holstein and crosses between. The yellow fat of Jersey is off-putting to some as in other breeds it is indication of old meat. In Jersey even fresh the fat is yellow due to genetic ability to convert vitamin A.