Rolling Acres - This and That

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Walking(running for DS) through the historic village at the Farmers' Museum.
20180908_155919.jpg

Watching and learning how to bottle feed a calf. DS had a chance to bottle feed the calf but I wasn't quick enough to take a pic. We also watched a milking demonstration.
20180908_154758.jpg

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Farmers' Museum is quite neat and I'd like to go back to visit next time. We didn't have too much time to explore the whole place because we got there quite late (an hour or so before they close). When we were paying for admission, the lady at the counter said to my son "hurry up and run all the way back to the Children's barnyard if you want to watch the milking demo and bottle feed the calf. They are starting soon". So of course DS dashed there and his poor mom had to run and keep up (definitely not in shape for all that running! lol) and we left daddy behind so he could walk at his own pace.

I didn't really have anything planned for this trip other than where to stay. I wanted it to be a "play it by ear" kinda trip since we couldn't do too much since DH can only walk with crutches. When we first got to our motel, we stayed there and rested a bit. Then DS and I went to the beach area and checked it out. We then decided that we want to go kayaking even tho it was a chilly day. After that we drove into town to check things out and that was when we saw the Farmers' museum and decided to go in.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
The chicks are now 4 weeks old and they moved out this weekend...to the coop that is. Lol
My initial plan was to keep them in the brooder in the coop but when I got them 4 weeks ago, the weather had been quite cold so i kept them in the house. I have a heat lamp but i prefer not using it. Now they are ready.
Here they are checking out their new home
20180914_175621.jpg

My hen trying to find out what all the commotion was about
20180914_180553.jpg