Rolling Acres - This and That

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do not see how people can manage to follow forums on that!
I'd much prefer using the computer to follow forums but would use my phone sometimes, especially when posting pics.
It took me a long time before I switched from a flip phone to a "smart" phone. It's one of those things I can live with it but I can also live without it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or teach Gabbie how to change the channels! That could be problematic though, she may decide she doesn't like what you are watching and switch to something else ;)

I have no idea how to take pictures from the phone and put them on the computer. I can't even figure out how to save bookmarks in Chrome on the phone :(

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't even figure out how to save bookmarks in Chrome on the phone :(
Have no fear, I'm gonna school you. Lol
When you're on your fav website, look for the 3 dots (see pic below), it could be on the bottom of the screen or could be on top of screen. Mine is on the bottom right.
Screenshot_20190325-151716.jpg

Press the 3 dots and you should see a star, see below pic(my star is blue, it's bookmarked). The star should be clear but once you press it to save the page as bookmark, it'd be "filled", not sire what color it would be depending on the phones I think.
Screenshot_20190325-151735.jpg

Then to access your bookmarks, simply press the 3 dots when you're in Chrome and you should see the word "bookmark"(reference pic above), press that and you should see the sites you saved.
Let me know if it works. If not you can always ask your DDs ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can dump pics by using the phone charge cord...one end will have a USB plug on it....attach the USB to the computer and you can navigate the folders on the phone...or, ya can have the pics stored on the SD chip and then take it out of the phone and plug in the computer....again, the folders will be seen.....the cord is easiest and quickest way.....:)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well if you pull your couch closer to the tv then you wouldn't need to get up to change the channels. :plbb:gig
Tip I learned from childhood.....always place your antenna mast out side of a window, so you don't have to send anyone outside in inclement weather to rotate the antenna to pick up another station...makes it easier to hear the person watching when they yell "Ok stop..wait...go back a little bit the other way...that's good..no, too much, now the other way..."

(I have way too many 'bookmarks' around 300. need to cull a bunch of them)