Rotational grazing Nigerian Dwarf goats

BellaM

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He would have to be far away. Really far away. Maybe a half an acre away? You don't want him to be close to her or the doeling so when they go in heat he doesn't try and get to them.
@Alaskan you agree?
Rams get crazy when does are in heat. We have Nigerian dwarf goats - so, not big goats. The fence around our ram's enclosure is six feet high and angles in so that he can't jump over. And we learnt that the hard way! And make sure there's absolutely nothing he can climb on to jump over the fence.
Distance doesn't seem to make a difference - he can tell when a doe is in heat no matter where she is on our 3ha property. So just make sure your fences are sturdy enough to hold him ...

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Rams get crazy when does are in heat. We have Nigerian dwarf goats - so, not big goats. The fence around our ram's enclosure is six feet high and angles in so that he can't jump over. And we learnt that the hard way! And make sure there's absolutely nothing he can climb on to jump over the fence.
Distance doesn't seem to make a difference - he can tell when a doe is in heat no matter where she is on our 3ha property. So just make sure your fences are sturdy enough to hold him ...
i’ve never had a problem with the bucks i’ve had with keeping them 1/2 acre to 3 acres away from my does. they didn’t seem to care much as they were farther away and couldn’t get to the does. it’s also easier to keep them farther away since they will gain their weight. if you put them close to the does they won’t eat since they will pace and then they will lose all their weight

Latest posts