1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rotten egg exploded

Discussion in 'Chickens' started by Jesusfreak101, May 29, 2019.

1. May 29, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

I had eleven geese eggs in the incubator. One exploded and now dealing with the stink I am had to clean the incubator and unfortunately it leaked into the carpet I told my husband the carpets coming out period the carpet is old and we planned on removing it anyways. the eggs are supposed to hatch the first week of June or second week. :sick :he . I plan on goin on lock down by Friday I am not sure of the exact date as one of my geese left her nest two weeks before they woul hatch.:th. I remember them starting a week or less aroun the time my duck eggs and gosling hatched from the incubator. I put them I the sink with water and almost all of them were wiggling so I candled as well and one showed something in the air sack but bot the gosling. And the other had no air sack. I am hoping I didn't throw out good eggs but I am terrified of that smell.

AmberLops likes this.
  2. May 29, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Ewwww….. I hate rotten egg smell. Hope the other eggs hatch after getting stink bombed. Yank out the carpet that you hate so much. I've done that, and painted the floor!

3. May 29, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Unfortunately it's a trailer when we first moved in there was carpet in one of the bathrooms when we pulled it the where nails-staples everywhere so paint floor probably not possible.

AmberLops likes this.
  4. May 30, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

We bought 8 acres with a doublewide on it. I yanked up all the carpet to lay wood floors. I pulled every single stinkin' staple and nail. I get where you are coming from.

5. May 30, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Ew that's nasty!!

When I moved into my new place (in February) I pulled all the carpet because it smelled awful...then I found that under the carpet was tons of blood....I mentioned it to my landlord and he said the last person to rent this place was 'strange' but he didn't know about the blood in the carpet :ep He thought maybe they butchered a deer but who knows.
    And yep, the floor was filled with staples so I bought the tool and removed all of them, went on Amazon and bought those stick-on floor tiles and now it looks amazing in there! A little creepy...but at least it looks nice!

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  6. May 30, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

That is scary

AmberLops and promiseacres like this.