Roving's 2016 Lambs

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Up to 15 lambs now. Had a pair of accidental jacob/cormo cross lambs and twin jacobs, both sets were ram/ewe twins.

My cormo ram must carry spotting because we ended up with a typical black jacob cross ewe and then a spotty fake jacob ram.

It'll be interesting to see how their fleece turns out. They're very cute for little oopses.

Real jacobs born last night.

It was chilly and my friend was desperate to see a lamb in a tiny coat so I had to oblige.

Everyone else is growing well and handling the weird up and down weather with no issues. I'm really liking having March lambs so far! The ewes are gestating them longer and they're coming out more vigorous than my usual mid-April lambs. I'm not sure I would risk it with a typical snow belt March though.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, they all really look great! Congrats! Even on the oopses ;) Waiting on any more or are you done now?

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I have a cormo that didn't get marked but is bagging up so who knows when she'll lamb and one last jacob that's due April 10th. It feels like I've been lambing forever!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
May feel like forever, but it has to feel good too, you have some beautiful lambs there! Hope the last 2 go without a hitch for you. Will you be selling most of these or adding to your herd?

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Most of the jacobs will be sold, the romeldale and cormo ewes will probably stay. I have a couple people who wanted cormo fiber wethers and I'm hoping they might want the romeldale (he's QQ so a breeder who wanted him declined) or the jacob/cormo cross instead. They're very sweet, friendly little boys.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Maddie the cormo had her lamb last night. I have a waiting list for boys after two years of the cormos only having boys so of course she is a girl. That's ok, she can stay here with me :D

It was a chilly night and Maddie wasn't particularly thorough with lamb drying so the little girl got a coat.

Latest posts