Reaction score
Absolutely adorable!!

Congratulations on your new additions!!
They are amazing, I love the black and white :love

They're all precious but the one that looked like a cow was Oh sooo cute:love

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
My last ewe lambed at 2 am last night, on the one night it got down to 12 degrees. Of course all my other ewes lambed 3-5 days late but this one just had to go exactly on time to not miss me trudging out to the barn in my pajamas in the middle of the night and freezing my butt off.

Thistle had ram/ewe twins and both handled the cold just fine. I shouldn't have even worried, these spotty sheep know what they're doing.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
They are soooooo cute! Glad things went well. So I guess that was the last and you're finally done with lambing for the year!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Yep, unless those useless goats pull some kids out of nowhere I'm done for the year. 18 lambs out of 12 ewes, 11 ewe lambs, 7 ram lambs. A lot of singles this year, partially because I had a number of first timers but probably because it got super dry last fall and my pastures weren't great going into breeding season too. I'm not complaining though, I'll take healthy singles any day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love your spotty sheep! The lambs are so precious! How do you keep from carrying one around all the time and hugging it constantly? :love

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Ok, I take it back. They aren't entirely useless.

Taffy, a fading red, was in with my fading red buck to have some lovely red kids. She spent the entire time trying to get into her father, a brown buck, in the next pen over. I guess she must have succeed. Oh well, at least it's a girl. And just about the cutest thing ever.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, look at her! And she has kinda an "Elvis" hairdoo going there :D =D

Latest posts