Roving's 2017 Lambing Thread

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
People usually think they're goats :lol:

My dog has been mistaken for a dalmatian before, an 80 lb tailless, sable dalmatian. Everything has spots around here.

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
...and I thought I was in love with norseofcourse's Icelandics! I can't wait for the next installment of spots!:love:pop:love

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Well if you insist. All the jacobs are done now, I'm just waiting for a latecomer cormo that's due on the 24th. I'm contemplating breeding a couple of the romeldales for fall lambs and syncing everyone in the fall so they lamb during my spring break. This month long lambing really wears on me, especially since I have a bunch of people to shear for, farm events happening, and so many big school projects to finish in the spring.

Daisy's boy. He has an overbite so he looks kind of dorky.

Juniper's boy. He's super cute! I've had a bunch of blue eyes pop up this year.

Jewel's boy. He was the only survivor out of a set of triplets and is still catching up a bit.

Bramble's little premie. She's normal lamb size now! Not as big as the lambs her age but a good size for a baby.

Reba's ewe. Her ram didn't cooperate but the ewe kept showing up.

This little girl's pajamas are starting to fit right.

Nap time

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
My favorites from page 1!
33495575601_131205a19e_c.jpg
33487190992_ba1d508417_c.jpg
33393468580_1ecb3e8084_c.jpg

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think Daisy's boy looks like a "Perciville" with that adorable overbite. :love
Do you ship? Where can I find out more about shipping livestock safely? He would be an only child just until norse's lamb gets here... (that is the other half of my fantasy!). Norse, I can't even begin to pick, who needs a Me Mom? Two pet quality weathers, or weather and ewe lambs for now and then when I get the acreage I raise the heritage breeds... ahhh, now there is a dream!
(Now to sell my DH on it...:lol:)
Thanks for sharing your babies with me, you have created a monster... I am in North Idaho, if you have any contacts with Jacob breeders or tips on how to find some in my area I sure would appreciate it! (Same for Norse's Icelandics.)

Latest posts