Roving's 2019 Lambs

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
It was finally AGM weekend! I've been waiting for a year for this show and it was so much fun and now I'm exhausted. This is the jacob sheep breeders association's annual meeting and show, which moves around from year to year. This year it's fairly local so I got to help out and showed a bunch of sheep.

There were over 100 jacob sheep there and they were all gorgeous so I did not have high hopes of placing. The last two shows I've been to I've come in third both times and I was hoping to sneak in a third this time as well but I was prepared to watch other lovely sheep do the winning. I even set up my camera and tripod to take win pictures for people.

But then I kept winning!
pP8dV3Ql.jpg

My 2 year old ram, Hawthorn, that has spent the past year at someone else's farm won 1st in aged rams. He was so chill! At one point I handed his lead to a random person spectating while I showed ewes and he just stood there like an angel until I came back for him.

Then his older sister, Daphne, won 1st in aged ewes, and his daughter, Pennyroyal, got 2nd in yearling ewes. In the yearling class I kept thinking the judge was pointing at the person next to me because the sheep there was bred by someone who beats me constantly and eventually the judge had to be like "no you, get over here".
krfJtsHl.jpg

Then they got third in pair of ewes, didn't place in small flock, and I almost didn't enter the best adult fleece class because I was extremely hot and tired but the sheep were already ringside so I grabbed Daphne and in we went. I was shocked when the judge walked over and shook my hand for best fleece! There were some truly awesome sheep in that show and I'm so amazed that a judge thought I was their caliber.
KFrSAeol.jpg

So this morning I finally packed up and headed home with the help of my backseat driver, Ashe. I showed up with 5 sheep and came home with 8 despite selling one somehow.
NPXXKw2l.jpg

Also shoutout to @Bayleaf Meadows for making the farm sign that we gifted to the person running the show. It came out amazing and the people who ordered it had nothing but good things to say about the process.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Here's the sign we made for them. I have such fun painting these!View attachment 64546

It was an ordeal finding an excuse to go take the pictures you needed without giving anything away. Cheryl almost started crying when she was given the sign she loved it so much. It features Everlasting, a very special ewe that has brought home a lot of ribbons for her. Everyone who saw it wanted their own so maybe you'll get to do some more jacobs this year!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Most of the lambs are closing in on 5 months old now and finally looking less awkward. Still have a bunch to sell but I was able to find hay at a reasonable price so I'm less stressed out about it than I was when I thought I was going to be paying $6 a bale. I'm hoping to sell some at SAFF in NC this October, they sold faster than I could get them into pens last year.

Logan. He went from being a total dweeb to a pretty good looking young ram. I like his blue eye and his smiley face.

"i'M"

'Stache

Kiwi

Mariposa

Pendragon

Peach

Iris

Jasmine

Jujube

Ashe my new ram who has settled in well

Latest posts