Royds 2013 Romney lambing Update twins today 2 ewe lambs pics

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Looking forward to following it. Romneys are neat sheep and it'll be neat to see a BYH member's Romneys.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I can't wait to see your babies Royd! Did you see I just got some sheep that were Romney crosses? The 75% Romney ewe is the sweetest one of the bunch! I love her. I'll be crossing her with my Cormo ram.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love Romney lambs! :love We raised Romneys for years before deciding focus on the Border Leicesters instead. The lambs are so cute, fuzzy, and cuddly.

We always found our Romney lambs to be slow, ram lambs in particular, especially compared to the Border Leicesters. BL's would be up and nursing in 5-10 minutes and Romneys would take 10-20 and heaven help you if you had to help them get started on the teat! Have you found this with your Romneys?

We still have 1 Romney wether and 1 old ewe, who is going to be lambing for the last time this spring, I think. She always has the nicest cross-bred lambs and is one of the best mothers.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I miss my Romneys! Southdowns for me this year. I look forward to seeing your lambs!!

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Good luck with your lambing. And SO jealous you had green and pasture! Brown and dead is so dismal. :(

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Impressive... livestock and GREEN GRASS!

I wonder if Canada would let me in..for the summer months anyway! ;)

Glad your doing a lambing thread. :)