SA Farm's 2015 Kidding Thread!

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
My very first kidding thread! I'll change the title to kidding when we get closer to actually having kids on the ground! I can hardly wait! :weee
I'm so used to kidding in Feb/March, that it's weird waiting until May for all the kids to be born!

Gruff#3

Gold and White Nigerian Dwarf buck
101_1347.JPG

Granny
Roan with White Nigerian Dwarf doe. This will be her 4th Freshening (1 buckling, 2 doelings, 2 doeliings). She's supposed to be due the beginning of March.
101_1650.JPG

Chance
Black and White Nigerian Dwarf doeling. This will be her First Freshening and she should be due the beginning of May.
101_1514.JPG

Maple
La Mancha doe - not sure what her coloring is called? Tri? Anyhow, she's due end of April and it'll be her 3rd Freshening (?, twins - one of each).
She actually belongs to my sister now, but if she has a doeling, I'll probably keep it. :)
101_0802.JPG

goat-heaven

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I one due this month then other one in march in the last one in april

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
are your fences chain link? Will be :pop
Yeah. We want to get all of our acreage fenced with non climb horse fencing, but we can't do that for a while, so we use 10x10 dog kennels and move them around :) The one with Gruff is permanent that we built for our actual dog, but since he lives in the house, Gruff took it over :rolleyes:

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was looking through pictures - a favorite pass-time of mine especially when I can't sleep - and apparently I took pictures of Granny as early as September and actually put the date on them...
Here she is September 17th -Normal
Granny Spet 17.JPG

October 3rd - slight bump or wishful thinking? This was about when she was supposed to have been bred...
Granny Oct. 3.JPG

December 18th
Dec. 18.JPG

January 2nd - obviously very pregnant (she's never been this big before!) Usually I'm questioning whether or not she was even bred at all the month before she's due and I've always known the approximate week she's due, so she's really throwing me for a loop this year! o_O
Jan 2.JPG Jan 2-15.JPG Jan. 2.JPG
Maybe she is due beginning of February instead? :lol: So much for my record-keeping :hide That'll teach me to try something new!
Either that or she's going to surprise me with triplets or quads!
Stay tuned to find out as the drama continues...here...on Seneca Acres Farm:pop

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love your thread title... "Waiting Thread" :lol:

Yep... waiting - that is an great description!

Chance looks soooo tiny! I have a doe that we acquired 2014 and she is tiny too! Looks like I will be waiting a long time to breed her.

What can I say about Maple! :love

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
what a good looking group. since lamanchas are my breed of choice guess which one i like best, lol. will continue to follow. my does are due the last of feb and the first of march. the ewes are due this month. i sure hope it warms up before the lambs get here.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love your thread title... "Waiting Thread" :lol:

Yep... waiting - that is an great description!

Chance looks soooo tiny! I have a doe that we acquired 2014 and she is tiny too! Looks like I will be waiting a long time to breed her.

What can I say about Maple! :love
Thanks, I thought it was apt!
Chance is tiny! She's about 17 inches tall - 2 shorter than the buck. And I got a picture of Gruff with Maple which tells you how tiny he really is :eek: (Yes, he had to climb up on a boulder to breed her :gig) Should be the easiest kidding ever for her!
Maple and Gruff 2014.JPG

what a good looking group. since lamanchas are my breed of choice guess which one i like best, lol. will continue to follow. my does are due the last of feb and the first of march. the ewes are due this month. i sure hope it warms up before the lambs get here.
Thanks. One of my first goats was a La Mancha and I've always loved the breed thanks to her! My sweet Samba, how I miss her still :(
I got Maple and her daughter with the intention of having a few Mini Manchas :love So hoping she has a little doeling for me to keep! :fl

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some pictures from today. Granny is going to pop before March, I'm thinking...Still no udder development, but she had a little bit of discharge going on today...losing her mucus plug... She's also looking a little lower from the side and less bulgy from the top. Also starting to think she may actually just be bigger than usual because she usually has girls...maybe I'm due for some boys? :tongue
She's acting about the same as she was this time last year...
So we may have end of January or beginning of February kids after all :woot
She likes to go the beginning of February usually - Feb 8 two years ago, and last year the 3rd.
101_1998.JPG 101_2001.JPG
Chance is looking good. Mostly just cute and fluffy atm since she's not due until May!
Her coat is so thick and soft!
101_2008.JPG 101_2006.JPG
In case you guys haven't noticed...I'm not very good at patiently waiting...:hide
But I'm great at obsessing and worrying and sharing pictures :D