SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is the day we find out if DH got the first job he applied to.... and our phone is on the fritz :barnie
They'd better fix it fast, is all I'm saying :rant
Fingers crossed, prayers prayed, I'll let you all know when I do! :fl :bow :p

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, they're still deliberating - or reviewing resumes - so we're waiting to hear. DH decided to go ahead and apply to a bunch of other places anyway, so we'll see how it goes.
Granny is now spoken for, but won't be leaving until April, so that's good. I honestly will have the hardest time parting with her :( She should be popping any day now, so I'll get to enjoy her and her kids for a while longer anyway.
I'll be going out later on and checking up on her, so I'll update the waiting thread then :)

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been a while. Unfortunately, he didn't get that job, but he's been applying to others. It's looking like we'll still be moving, just not sure when or where at this point.
We shall see.
Animal-wise, I've started incubating, so I have baby chicks to look forward to. It's kind of a trial run at this point - the first hatch of the year always is since I don't want to get ahead of myself or count my chicks before they're hatched! I'll be candling later on in the week to see how things are coming along.
Not much else to report right now. I'll go update Granny's kidding thread.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
HE GOT THE JOB!!!! :woot

Looks like he'll be moving in less than a month! Unfortunately, I won't be going until later - once he's settled in and the spring farm rush is over, etc. I'm going to be busy, so hopefully I won't have too much time to miss him...:(

We've decided that we'll be bringing very few animals with us :( Pet-wise, we'll be taking the budgies, dogs, and maybe our cat if one of our family members won't take him in. Livestock-wise, we'll be taking 4 rabbits and 3-4 bantam laying hens that will all be considered pets ;) Between friends and family, the rest will have homes too.

Obviously there are a ton of details to work through, but it's really exciting. I've only moved twice in my life and never with my hubby, so it's a new adventure for us :)

Apparently my computer won't upload pictures at the moment, sadly :(