SA Farm's journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
How come you won't keep the ewe lamb? Do you want to keep your flock the same size?

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
How come you won't keep the ewe lamb? Do you want to keep your flock the same size?
I do have to keep the flock small. I don’t have enough fencing and housing, nor do I have the physical ability to manage much more than I currently have.
I kind of don’t really want a white one either, though she is awfully cute 😂
1C013A1E-72ED-48A2-A78E-83E5DA2C5511.jpeg
I also have to consider the financial side of things. We didn’t get any lambs last year and brought Coy in, so I really need to put a dent in their expenses this year. A nice triplet ewe lamb with Romanov/East Friesian heritage should help pay for some of their hay and grain from the last three years.
So far their only “income” is the credit for Foxy having Kit and the small credit I give them for their fleeces - hardly worthwhile, really, considering all the feed, hay, and bedding I buy - and all the stuff I still need and want for them.

I will have to see what Kit and Coy do before saying I won’t be keeping ANY ewe lambs this year though ;):oops::lol::rolleyes:

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lamb pictures!
See @Baymule I already have Woolfie’s nearly white and Dingo’s white fleece to play with lol (But nice try, you wonderful enabler, you :plbb:love )
Actually haven’t even begun to process Dingo’s from last year and still have plenty of Woolfie fleece left to do :hide
364234E0-1F4F-458C-8BD0-E3D3BEE42CEE.jpeg

52E8DF4C-110D-4079-9067-8EE4CBF74843.jpeg

My bottle boy. Getting his usual 150-200ml top up courtesy of Woolfie 🥰
27510564-DBB6-4F7C-BF21-9CF4340EFB04.jpeg

They were being just way too cute today ❤️
F3FDE61F-4463-4901-A6FD-852D31D57978.jpeg
49BD4807-A29F-4C6D-BE29-2DD437CB7F58.jpeg
B3714778-F80E-4B9F-B0A6-C7621FB64A13.jpeg

D5E9F3BD-86B1-435B-8FBF-6F53A7EF9838.jpeg

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baby and I are sick with either a nasty cold/flu or covid. Cough, fever, runny nose, etc. Just never know what it could be these days 🙄 He’s currently doing better than me, thankfully 😅
DH did all chores except for milking for me today since I’m not only not feeling well, but when I got up this morning, I stretched and something shifted wrong in my back. Good times.
He would probably do that part for me too if he knew how - or had any interest in learning how lol
Anyways, did a bunch of reading up on journals and my brain is starting to hurt, so I’m going to make myself a cup of tea and veg in front of the tv for awhile.
:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m just getting over the flu/Covid/crud myself. Tried OTC drugs, but it took antibiotics to knock it out. My chest hurt so bad I almost went to ER, probably had pneumonia too. Still have a nagging cough. Don’t mess around with this, take baby and you to doctor.

Sounds like a trip to chiropractor would be a good idea for your back too!

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m just getting over the flu/Covid/crud myself. Tried OTC drugs, but it took antibiotics to knock it out. My chest hurt so bad I almost went to ER, probably had pneumonia too. Still have a nagging cough. Don’t mess around with this, take baby and you to doctor.

Sounds like a trip to chiropractor would be a good idea for your back too!
Baby’s already back to normal. I’m doing a bit better today, so yesterday was probably the worst of it. Just residual cough and stuffiness to deal with…hopefully 😋

I’m so glad you’re on the mend! I hate being sick. That nagging cough can hang on for weeks 😣

Back to farm stuff, I think Woolfie’s lamb is going to end up huge! I’m starting to get less milk from Woolfie, so he’s probably stealing it all 😝
This pic probably shows best how big he is. He’s a good looking boy!
850EE960-E1C1-46AD-B29B-5FD04DC103C2.jpeg
Looks like we have some nasty weather coming tomorrow, so with any luck it’ll prompt Kit and/or Coy to lamb. I want lambing done with so I can decide who is going where and when. I’m so impatient! I want to see if I get anything other than white 😂

I felt Foxy’s condition today since she was looking a little thin. My poor Foxy lady. Those three are taking a lot out of her. She’s not in the worst shape, but I’ve been upping her grain to help her out. Another few weeks and they should start eating hay and creep and drinking some water which will take a lot of the pressure off of her. If the weather ever gets nicer I’ll start letting her out to graze what little grass has started to grow.
I kind of want to get her big boy side by side with Woolfie’s…see the difference. I didn’t find my scale, so I didn’t weigh them at birth, sadly. I had it in the house, ready to go, then baby was playing with it, so I put it somewhere safe. Of course now I can’t find it 😂