SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I’m just one of those people that doesn’t always like change...especially when I have a lot going on already :p I’ll just take my time getting comfy again and all will be well.

Farm’s been doing good. Been getting some culling done. The guineas started being jerks, so they were ex-communicated. I’m thinking of selling off some of our other birds as well come spring...cut back and specialize a bit more than we already have.
We had the usual few free-range chicken losses to predators as fall started to turn to winter, so they’re locked up for the winter now.
Sheepies are wonderful as always. We’re planning for Ramchop to hit freezer camp any day now. He’s only made it this long because I never did manage to witness heats :\
Oh well. I guess I’m going to be playing due date/are you bred games all winter and spring long!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Surprise lambs! That means the ewes will get big, bag up and........ nothing. For. Weeks. It’s their mission to drive you nuts.

Have some pan sausage made from Ramchop, it’s delicious! I also have a leg cut into round steak and tenderized. I love me some chicken fried steak! Yum!

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a busy day today. Finally able to do more work around here now that my shoulder is pretty much healed up. It was one of the things that was keeping me away... I had a funky mole removed and the biopsy came back positive for melanoma, so I had to go back under the knife to cut out an even bigger chunk out of my shoulder. It’s finally pretty much healed now and I’ve been declared cancer free! Yay!
So, during this time, my poor DH has been pulling triple duty with school, work, and my chores too.
Today we finally got some very backed up work done and I feel much better about that. I could haul water and feed!...it’s amazing how much you can miss such simple things when you’re unable to do them for weeks on end.
I attached a pic of my shoulder for those curious as to what it looked like about a week post-op. (Could be considered gross or disturbing to sensitive viewers, so I won’t insert it. You’ve been warned.)
And Tiny (my cat) got a shark bed for Christmas that he already loves lol
2224E8F7-4C59-4421-A948-79C8F0060418.jpeg

Attachments

• B2A0A05F-2A4C-4D2F-887F-E37E51B8EE26.jpeg
    B2A0A05F-2A4C-4D2F-887F-E37E51B8EE26.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 125