SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry been away so much. Things around here have been pretty quiet for the most part. Had some losses from a neighbour’s husky who took out some chickens and one of my turkey hens 😔 Haven’t got him yet, but if we do catch him in the act, he’s toast. Birds should be safe now as they’re all locked up for the winter now. Unfortunately my SS were the ones taken out, so I’m down to just my Cochins for the upcoming year.
sheepies are doing good. They’re all together now, so hopefully we’ll get some lambs this spring. Woolfie’s been with him from the start, so we’ll be looking for her to lamb first.
Inside we’ve been doing some fixing up. We’ve got our room painted and the upstairs bathroom painted as well with some new fixtures. The basement bathroom needs a bit more work, so we’re taking our time with that one, but it’s next in line.
Baby is doing absolutely fabulously. He gives me usually a 4 and then a 3 hour stretch of sleep every night. Sometimes a bit more if I’m lucky. He’s growing like a weed and has gained about a pound a week putting him at just over 16lbs and is now about 2 feet tall ❤
7E7870BD-B43B-4FFB-A1CE-D66BB45290DE.jpeg

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @SA Farm,

I was looking for something on YouTube yesterday and ran across a YouTube video I had watched years ago that may interest you. I seem to recall that you mentioned that you are an introvert, which I immediately identified with, as I am as well. While I don't recall you saying your exact age, I seem to think that you are fairly young -- mid 20's -- so you may not have seen this before, which is why I am posting it here on your journal. It is a lecture by Susan Cain, author of the book "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". Before reading the book, I knew that I was an introvert but did not realize just how much it impacted my life. After I read the book, it explained so much about me. Anyway, I hope you like it and it can help you in many ways.

Senile Texas Aggie

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Senile_Texas_Aggie I’ll have to check it out. I’m fairly young but a bit older than mid-twenties 😉

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving 🍗 Had a busy weekend, but more with getting hay in for the winter than with family. Just spent Saturday with one of my sisters. DH and I picked up our hay for the sheepies Friday and got it all put away Sunday, so that’s a load off.
I desperately need to trim my girl’s hooves, but the shears I got weren’t strong enough to cut the outer edges, so I have a few new pairs ordered to try out that I’m hoping will work more effectively.
Now if I can just get DH to help me build that milk stand I’ve been wanting for months...😝 I suppose we can wrangle them on the porch again, but it’s not the best on my back. Besides that, I still want to do some milking once my girls start lambing again. I think Foxy would be a really good prospect for it and possibly Kit next year. Woolfie is more a meat breed, I think, so I don’t really expect her to have enough udder to work with.
We’ll see ☺️

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy belated CA Thanksgiving!
Getting your hay in is such a great thing. I'm always relieved to get that done. This year I paid the hay farmer to deliver and stack since it's so hard on my husbands allergies and he won't let me do it by myself (I have to be very sneaky).
I hope you get your stand soon. Sure makes things go smoother having the right equipment.
How's little Gary?

Latest posts