SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eh, it happens. My bad day didn’t get any better either: I twisted my ankle, my boy dove at the window sill and gave himself a shiner, and I decided to do something productive and managed to felt the wool I was working with :barnieand in retrospect :lol:
I’m pretty sure the caterpillar’s prediction is going to be at least somewhat accurate. I’ve been hearing that we’re supposed to have the coldest winter in years from multiple sources. Not sure it’s going to be that bad, but I’m doing my best to start preparing now...just in case.
Today is back to normal. Slowly managing to work through the felted wool and salvaging what I can. Being careful on my ankle, but still getting stuff done. Turkey hens are out and about, so they’re okay. DH went out and moved the sheep at one point yesterday and informed me that he had taken a moment to “clean up the crime scene” for me. At the time his dark humour was not appreciated 😝 though his help certainly was 🥰

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, I couldn't see you petting your Jacob cross brown sheep Catherine (or is it Katherine?). I didn't see the brown and white one or the lighter brown one either. ;)

Sheep don't eat Queen Anne's Lace either? Nasty invasive stuff though the flowers are pretty.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad it worked. I’m not the most tech-savvy person 😝
They don’t seem to care for the Queen Anne’s Lace at all. I’m going to have to start pulling it next year...if I remember.
Kathryn 😎

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m tired today. Baby is getting his molars in and has been a little grumpy lately. No biggie, but he does get up a lot at night from it. Poor baby.
Mostly I’m tired from cleaning out the chicken and turkey coops today.
Sunday night I put the sheep together and gave them a bunch of hay since I knew I’d be gone all day yesterday for thanksgiving.
Hopefully that means I will have March lambs from the 3 girls since I’ll be keeping them together now until the end of December. As usual, Woolfie was with Dingo for company since I split them up mid-August. I saw him mount her a few weeks ago, so I’m not sure if I should hope for early lamb(s) from her or not.
I’ll be keeping an eye on her, as usual :rolleyes:

Look at that mischievous twinkle in his eye!
83DC1B3F-7A5F-4C6B-993F-D08340CE2D20.jpeg

Latest posts