SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
The stand looks good, I had to go to your YouTube page to see it

Oops, You need to change the security on the video to "anyone who has the direct link" or make it public
I think I fixed it. It was public, but I had to change it so it could be “embedded” to other sites, like here.
Hopefully I’ll remember for future reference 😋

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That looks pretty good! I have a goat stanchion with the expanded metal and the sheep hate it. I've been thinking of building a solid bottom stanchion to see if they will like it better. I have to halter and drag them up the ramp and tie them up, they dance around, fall off, it's not good. I would make the platform a little wider to give them a little more foot room.

When @Margali came to Lindale and bought Aria, Snip and Panda, they brought a cage in the back of their truck. She and I got a sheet of OSB and propped it up on the tailgate. Those sheep made me look like a genius, walked right up that sheet of plywood like it was nothing. Lesson learned........ they want a solid footing.

Your design is brilliant, Coy feels safe and secure and that's what you want.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That stand should work great. I have similar for goat milking and handling. Goats jump right up. 😂

@Baymule just put solid wood over the expanded metal..couple screws will hold in place. Or even a rubber mat, cut to size.
I want to make the platform wider and longer, don't know it that would work. Goats jump up to be milked, sheep resist and see no benefit to them. I gotta work on that.....

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
We’ve had a couple of frosts now, so I need to get my garden cleaned up for fall. I’m so not a gardener. I procrastinate like nobody’s business 😂 I will try to get to it soon, but I still have a bunch of other things that are higher on my list of priority to get done. Fall is closing in on me!
With the yard becoming bare at a disturbing rate, I’ve returned to my fall habit of letting the girls out to graze while I either just hang out with them or try to work a little. It’s probably one of my favourite things to do and I’m already sad that I’ll have to stop once Dingo gets moved in. He’s pretty good, but I don’t intend to be stupid and put myself in a position where letting my guard down for a moment could end with me hurt.
I’ll just have to enjoy these moments while they last 😋
51662E2B-9314-47BD-95FD-A74E2299A249.jpegAC26661C-8CEE-4A1F-8C35-EEB249371800.jpeg
My fave ❤️
F5E65205-0FFA-45D3-9CB0-B981F207227D.jpeg
And Kitty moved her kittens again. Found them pretty quickly, of course. Kitty doesn’t seem to like them in one spot. Glad she won’t be having any more litters after this. Though I will miss the kitten cuteness!
D5F7F30D-3145-4971-BA8E-5F9D26B6E659.jpeg