SAFF in NC

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Anyone else going? I'm making the trek down from Ohio with some of my jacobs to show for the second time ever. There's going to be a huge jacob crowd so it should be fun. We'll see if I get all the ones I want to show halter trained in time.

EI6WBhI.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really enjoy seeing your exceptional animals. OK by me for you to share more, hint hint. Please and thank you.

Good luck with your halter training. Looks like that one has something else in mind.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where is the show? With many Florence issues in NC, I'm thinking it may affect the turnout.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
It's in Fletcher, NC near Asheville, October 26-28th. There's a jacob specialty, an angora goat specialty, a pygora goat specialty, then all breed open and junior sheep shows.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe people in NC should go to a sheep show and have some fun for a day. It sure sounds like fun, wish it was closer to me!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i'm with you bay, I wish it were in driving distance of me. i'd love to check them out

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I guess I should update this now that I'm home. I had such a great time and I highly recommend the show to any wool sheeple able to make the drive! Didn't do a ton of winning but I got some great feedback and breeders I respect liked my sheep so that's as good as ribbons to me.

peNOEmWl.jpg

Roving Pennyroyal came in 3rd in the ewe lamb class in the jacob specialty.

HernvEwl.jpg

Roving Smitten and Roving Sassafras got best pair of jacob ewes

I sold two ewe lambs there (and could have easily twice that, people were crazed about buying out of state ewes) and ended up bringing home this guy. Oops.
xaWovxVl.jpg

I sold a ram lamb when I got home so it all evens out.

All in all, a great show full of fun people and now I've got a game plan for next year.