Samssimonsays: Blazing Acres journal

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
This year we will be adding in two doelings, chickens, ducks, geese, and several more French Lops to the herd and I am so excited! I have one specific doe picked out but awaiting the last of the babies to be born to pick number two. They will be a full Alpine and either another full or a cross with a boer. I do not have any pictures yet but hopefully in the coming weeks I will!

Anyways, here are the Rabbits I have added or will be adding this year:

Baby Blue-Solid Blue Girl, daughter to a doe I sold (half new lines)
PicsArt_1426428985144 (1).jpg

Jackie Frost a solid Frosted pearl doe I got back out of a breeding from my buck (half new lines)
PicsArt_1426428940763.jpg

Theodore a Broken Cream Buck (New Lines)
15 - 1 (1).jpg

Evey a Solid Blue Steel Doe (New lines)
15 - 2 (2).jpg

I would like to add a broken opal doe, broken orange buck and broken orange doe as well. Pictures coming when I find the right rabbits :)

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Well, hopefully by the end of this month we will have our fence in place which can not be done until the old wood boiler is moved from the building we want to use for the goats. It is massive, two people before us who owned the house build this monster of a hazard... it is sketchy to say the least... and the insulation they put around it? EEEK! Well, anyway, I am bound and determined to get things ready to bring our baby girls home at the end of May! Middle of april I will horribly busy adding in new rabbits but then It will be buckle down time to focus on our baby girls! :)

I have been debating on whether or not to bring home a whether(is that spelled right for goats?) as well as my girlies.... ;) There were some REALLY cute/loving ones!

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
You must be so excited to be getting your does in May!! :) So exciting! Did you decide to get a wether as well as your girls?
What kind of chickens, ducks, and geese are you getting? I'm getting some Easter Egger and some Columbian Wyandotte chickens hopefully the end of May! :) And then my baby goats hopefully will be born anytime after the beginning/middle of June! I'm so excited!!
Please keep us updated! :)

samssimonsays

Reaction score
I am super excited to be adding them. and I will be adding Thelma, a nubian saanan cross and Olaf an alpine wether as well now... o_O I am also adding a broken orange French Lop doe this weekend, tomorrow actually YAY! Took me 2 years to find one! We leave tonight around midnight for the 7.5-8 hour trek to West Bend, WI and will get there just for the show, not showing this year only picking up new lines and transporting for others. Then we will take a nap at the hotel and be ready for the banquet and auction :th then we will be taking our time coming home Sunday and monday will be FENCING! Yippy!!!!

Hubby is being an absolute stink about the whole goat thing now :idunno... :smack So even if I can not have them at my house right away, which will break my heart:hit, my good friend and fellow goat and rabbit person (also going with me to the rabbit show and helping me fence, reason for getting goats in general) said she will keep them at her place until I can bring them home. I will just be over there a ton more and be paying for feed and hay. Sigh. It will all work out. :thumbsup

Thelma
IMG_20150403_160611.jpg
Phoebe
download_20150412_193059.jpeg

I am also hoping to add americana, isle, rir and possibly another breed for chickens, rouen duck and Chinese geese. :) Was thinking 8 to 10 layers would work and then get two geese and a duck or 2. It is only us and then would be our families as well... so we may add in more later on but to start with 8 to 10 eggs a day is suffice! We are lucky if we eat 2 eggs a month... :hide

samssimonsays

Reaction score
You must be so excited to be getting your does in May!! :) So exciting! Did you decide to get a wether as well as your girls?
What kind of chickens, ducks, and geese are you getting? I'm getting some Easter Egger and some Columbian Wyandotte chickens hopefully the end of May! :) And then my baby goats hopefully will be born anytime after the beginning/middle of June! I'm so excited!!
Please keep us updated! :)

I can't wait to see photos!!!

samssimonsays

Reaction score
It is Lop Nationals. French and English lops share a club. I don't have any other breeds so I am not sure if there is an open show for anyone to enter or if it had to all be those two breeds, entered by March 28th and paid for? I have never been to a national show so I wanted to take a looksie to see what it would be like :) Buying new lines is just a bonus lol

samssimonsays

Reaction score
20150418_175026.jpg Evey my new blue steel doe
20150418_174951.jpg Theodore my new broken cream buck
20150418_174909.jpg Poplar my new broken blue steel doe
20150418_175037.jpg And, last but not least, Phoebe my new broken orange doe!

All picked up at lop nationals and I can not wait to get them home and start to love on them and show them come father's day weekend show.