Samssimonsays: Blazing Acres journal

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That's a shame... Hope you can figure out what's caused this so suddenly. Sorry to hear DH got injured in the process of trying to help him. You're right, it wasn't Rumely's fault as he had no idea what he was doing at the time. Hope hubby's injuries weren't too severe.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Thank you all very much. It sounds like he had another one today while I am at work. Vet appointment is set for tomorrow at 3:45 but may be bringing him in sooner. Just waiting to hear back from the vet.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
We are at the vets with rumely. He's had 7 seizures in 24 hours. The last one took a lot out of him and he had shallow breathing. They took blood and we are hoping and praying for the best right now.

Shorty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh Sam I am so sorry, I hope they figure out what is going on with Rumley soon.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Thank you all.Looks like elevated white blood count and inflammation with pancreas. Pancreatitis possibly. Antibiotics and some Valium. We are home but he had a really bad one in the car on the way home. This one was by far the worst but we gave Valium right when we got home along with the first antibiotic and just praying he starts to turn around soon.

Reactions: TAH

Latest posts